Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Revived Legends 1: Road of the Kings

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Revived Legends 1: Road of the Kings Empty Revived Legends 1: Road of the Kings

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:04 am

Revived Legends: Road of the Kings
    by Blam! Games - November, 2013

Series links: Revived Legends 1: The Road of the Kings, Revived Legends 2: Titan's Revenge

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Revived Legends 1: Road of the Kings Revived-legends-road-of-the-kings-ce_feature

Save two worlds in Revived Legends: Road of the Kings! What started out as a normal day takes a turn for the fantastic when you drive into a strange fog bank. Inside, you learn that the fog is slowly blending our world with a magical realm. Soon both worlds will be destroyed, and you are the only one who can still save them! Now you must embark on a journey down the legendary Road of the Kings to confront the villain and his terrible fog. Explore enchanting locations, meet fantastic creatures, and solve perplexing puzzles as you become the hero of two worlds in this beautiful Hidden Object adventure!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• A bonus adventure where you must stop the past from unraveling!
    • Enchanting screensavers, wallpapers, and concept art
    • Replayable mini-games
    • An available Strategy Guide

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Revived Legends 1: Road of the Kings Th_screen1_Revived Legends 1: Road of the Kings Th_screen2_Revived Legends 1: Road of the Kings Th_screen3

Last edited by JustTheFacts on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Revived Legends 1: Road of the Kings Empty Re: Revived Legends 1: Road of the Kings

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:06 am

Warning Cute Alert!
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO  

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    And they just keep coming... I give up on trying to ignore them, the cute games just won’t stop and I can’t stop wanting them either! But if you are not into cute, RUN!

This game is in cute overload! In fact, it’s overload all the way. We even start with not one but two vehicle accidents! As well as 2 cute companions and a fairy who helps out with backstory!

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    The artwork on this one is a little primitive, clearly by design. The brush strokes are broad, lots of solid colour, everywhere very well lit. The many ‘magic creatures’ are drawn in loving detail and do seem magical. The fantasy world we visit is likewise lovely. The British voiceovers are good (and a nice change), the words are spoken a little too slowly for me, but not uncomfortably so. I love the music, which is light and relaxing.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    This is all a bit foggy (pardon the pun) in the early stages – I couldn’t quite get a handle on what was going on. We happen upon a man who has been enchanted into a tree, and that gets us into all sorts of trouble. An evil wizard has escaped from his tomb, he is controlling a terrible fog which will destroy not only our world, but another, magical one besides. We give and receive help from all manner of magical creatures on our quest down the Road of the Kings.

GAMEPLAY
    Nothing startlingly new here. There are interactive lists for the HOPs. There are puzzles, easy through to “you’ve got to be kidding”. There is one puzzle that you replay each time you need a new rune charged (there were 3 in the demo). Each time it is a bit more challenging, but not the hardest mini-game by far.

The adventure is easy, and there’s a good map with “you can do something here” and “you’ve finished here” indicators – my favourite. It also jumping. The notebook is unobtrusive and I didn’t use it. Hint is directional. So it is pretty easy to get around and figure out what to do next.

BLING!.
    There is a whole lot of collecting going on! We need to find 38 tiny little bells, which are definitely not easy to find. There are also 20 magical creatures for your bestiary, and crystals needed to restore the fairy’s power. These last two are not exclusive to the CE (although the bestiary probably is),  because they are needed to complete the main game.

There are loads of achievements, but most are of the ‘meet the fairy’ kind.

Then there are the staples – gallery items, bonus chapter, SG, and replayable mini-games.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    I didn’t enjoy this one the most out of all the cute fantasy games of late. While it is definitely pretty, and the characters are surely lovable, but there is nothing in this game that is outstanding. The puzzles are mostly known, if in slightly different forms, even the critters have a certain lack of originality to them.

Not that it’s not a fun game, I think it is, just not extraordinary. All this considered, I think I’ll rate the SE higher.

I Recommend This Game!
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Revived Legends 1: Road of the Kings Empty Re: Revived Legends 1: Road of the Kings

Post by snapnhiss Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:24 am

I think I'd call it "pretty" rather than cute.  Some of the cute games we've had have been so cloyingly precious that I want to grab it by its neck till its eyes pop out.  The raccoon in this is realistic looking (until it's in action, then it looks kind of like a coatimundi) and the fairies don't speak in twee little voices.

It's not an exciting game, but it's a visual feast and I'm not jaded enough yet that I can't marvel at the amazing advances these artists have made in creating these games for us.  And the sale!  What a pleasant thing to wake up to.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:19 am

JusttheFacts wrote:Been meaning to say how lovely it is posting on your forum. Every body is nice to each other even if they don't always agree. And I like getting the emails telling me who's been saying stuff on which threads.

You have renewed my love of reviewing just when it was beginning to be a stressful thing.

Thank you.

Charlotte

PS. Is it okay with you that I invite people to come try this forum out? Only nice people of course! But there are a lot of unhappy people in bfg forums at the moment who don't know anything better.

JTF
    I'm so pleased that you're enjoying the site Sunny

Feel free to invite anyone you like~!  I'd love to see more people take advantage of the tracking system I've set up for our reviews, too. (Our reviews lists)
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Yes, with the tracking system, and excellent in depth reviews from you and all the work you put into upcoming games, and the sales and releases of so many different game sites - these are all very good reasons to check in on genki's game gab regularly! Now I look forward to getting my genki-news flash every morning! Clap
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:31 pm

PS... love to see your latest banner art too!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:51 pm