Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Summer Mahjong

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Summer Mahjong Empty Summer Mahjong

Post by genkicoll Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:54 am

Summer Mahjong
    by ? - October, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse

Summer Mahjong 202327

Summer Mahjong offers summer-time fun for the entire family! 60 exciting levels with colorful tiles, varying layouts and tricky puzzles await you. Will you master them all? The bright graphics and gorgeous photo backgrounds tell the story of two island vacationers who capture the most beautiful sites with their cameras. Summer Mahjong promises enduring fun for hot summer days.

• Colorful mahjong tile sets
    • Clever mini-games
    • Use power-ups to clear the board

Click images to enlarge
    Summer Mahjong Th_screen1_Summer Mahjong Th_screen2_Summer Mahjong Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Summer Mahjong Empty Re: Summer Mahjong

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:56 am

Very Simple & Very Pleasant        
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

When it comes to mah-jong, I am very old-fashioned. I like my tiles to look Chinese, the layouts to be playable, and the experience to be relaxing. I don’t much care for all the new-fangled variations you get with, say, Great Cities mah-jong, and I can live without fancy power ups. Which is perhaps I like this game so much.

The first thing you notice about this game is the music. Oh boy is it wrong for this game! Sounds like you should be doing aerobics to it. But it deceptive. The actual rounds have no music at all, only some of the most delightful background sounds of waves, birds etc. Well worth the blare at the end of each round.

The game looks good. Nothing fancy, but pleasant, and there are 8 views to choose from, but you must unlock them with play. There are 3 tile types; 2 x Chinese and one Jewelled set. There are 4 power ups if you want them – hammer, whirlwind, magnifier, bomb. You have the number of tiles and the number of possible matches up the top of the screen. There are a lot of layouts – I didn’t see them all in the demo – and none of them look like the crazy unplayable ones. The tiles are large and clear, so you can always see what you’re doing.

The one complaint I have about the design is the auto-shuffle. I’d like to have to do the board again until I get it right.

As well as mah-jong, there are 2 other mini-games, which appear seemingly at random, but not often. There is an excellent little HO game where you must find a number of the objects, indicated by their pix below. The second is the swap tiles mini-game. I like this touch of something other.

This is a nice little game, well thought out and very relaxing.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:30 am