Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic Empty Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic

Post by genkicoll Sun May 26, 2013 9:55 am

Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic
    by Joindots - May, 2013

Series links: Chronicles of Albian 1: The Magic Convention, Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish for PC
    GameHouse
    iWin

Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic Chronicles-of-albian-2-wizbury-school-magic_feature

The Wizbury School of Magic has been burgled and the thief is on the loose! It’s up to you to follow the clues and track down the culprit. Collect items across campus and sell them at the local shop to rebuild Wizbury in time for the coming Magician’s Guild inspection. Meet a quirky cast of wizards, witches, students, professors, ghosts and ghouls. Upgrade every last part of Wizbury, from the drawbridge to the dirigible. Seek out hidden secrets across campus and even try your hand at spellcasting in Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic!

• Hidden objects change each time you play a scene!
    • Meet a full cast of hilarious characters, fully voiced!
    • All-new unique Seek & Sprint mode
    • Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic Th_screen1_Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic Th_screen2_Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue May 27, 2014 7:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic Empty Chronicles of Albian: The Wizbury School of Magic

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:27 am

HOG Loaded With Fun Features, Sweet Kids’ Game

Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

Unlike many other fairy tale and magic games such as the Princess Isabella and the Awakening series, I don’t think this game is likely to appeal to the “kid” in us all. It’s just a little too twee for that. It really is for the youngsters – probably pre-teens.

But it’s a GREAT game for the RIGHT AUDIENCE. It’s got LOADS OF FUN THINGS TO DO:

·        List of HIDDEN OBJECTS to find in every scene, CHANGED EACH TIME YOU RETURN.
    ·        INTERACTIVE items where you may get a close up to find your items, or you may have to complete an easy puzzle.
    ·        COLLECTIBLE gems, 6 in each scene.
    ·        FAIRIES that when found find one item on your list for you.
    ·        ACHIEVEMENTS, some of them MYSTERY ones.
    ·        Sell your items to the local shop to GET COINS.
    ·        BUY UPGRADES to improve the school.
    ·        WALLPAPERS of each room, unlocked when you first visit.
    ·        Use your MAP, SPELLBOOK, and MAGIC WAND to help you, as well as HINT.

You can also:

·        CHOOSE one of three CUSTOM CURSORS.
    ·        CORRECT for ASPECT RATIO.
    ·        Use SLIDERS for VOICE, FX, MUSIC, AMBIENT.
    ·        AUTO-ADVANCE the DIALOGUE.

There is a HUGE amount of DIALOGUE, at least at first, so this last is a big help.

I didn’t like the ‘cut and paste’ graphics, and found some things hard to see because they were small, but then I’m not 12 anymore.

I cannot adequately explain why I think this is strictly kids’ stuff; perhaps because the STORY and the way it is EXPRESSED is pretty simple. You arrive at the Wizbury School of Magic just in time to discover that all the gold meant for renovations has been stolen and you offer your help to collect money and rebuild.

To the younger crowd, I think you’ll love this!

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:09 pm