Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+4
sassylassie
djrum
RenaissanceMom
genkicoll
8 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Based on Real Life

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Dark & Eerie Games Based on Real Life - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Based on Real Life

Post by RenaissanceMom Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Here are some more apt settings for future game consideration:
    The 35 Most Hauntingly Beautiful Abandoned Ruins on the Planet

(Sorry, I don't know how to move that page onto this site.)
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dark & Eerie Games Based on Real Life - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Based on Real Life

Post by genkicoll Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:42 pm

The link is perfect, thanks!  Moving the info here means saving the images to my computer, uploading them here, and copying over the info.

Beautiful pics, must look some more...

Dark & Eerie Games Based on Real Life - Page 2 O9fj
    sassylassie
    sassylassie

Post by sassylassie Mon May 05, 2014 4:31 am

Dark & Eerie Games Based on Real Life - Page 2 X4b5

To me I thought this mansion looked almost just like Mystery Case Files Ravenhurst mansion.  I went to BF's game forums and looked up the game and then looked at the little video and paused it at the mansion.  Then I googled haunted mansions and found this one.  I thought the likeness was uncanny.  This home here is owned by a couple and their daughter.  The wife and daughter swore up and down they were hearing and seeing ghosts.  Hubby tried to come up with some explanation until he was hearing and seeing them too.  If you would like to see the website you can find it here:

http://www.themuslimtimes.org/2013/08/science-and-technology/psychology/our-haunted-house

To me they just looked alike.  Smile 

Dark & Eerie Games Based on Real Life - Page 2 M9gx
    heleanthia
    heleanthia

Post by heleanthia Mon May 05, 2014 8:28 am

it also looks like the Addams family mansion! Smile

BUT I think this is not a picture of the writer's house, just a random image....

The article is VERY interesting(thanks for sharing it!), but if you read it all, he explains that the mysterious occurrences were caused by bats, and the way our brains are wired to self explain what we "see" and "hear".

I believe not in ghosts, but in energies left behind and feel that we probably are not evolved enough to understand such phenomenon per se. 

Smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon May 05, 2014 9:13 am

Wow, that DOES look like Ravenhearst!  I'm betting the MCF artists used that house as inspiration!

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon May 05, 2014 9:20 am

I'm with you, genki! Amazing resemblance.

Thanks for that pic sassy! Good to see you're made of the 'right stuff' - dark and eerie stuff that is!  Snicker 
    sassylassie
    sassylassie

Post by sassylassie Mon May 05, 2014 11:10 am

Lol@Helean I didn't even think about the Adam's Family Mansion, but it does.  I thought too the resemblance was amazing and it wouldn't of surprised me if they did.  Yep it was bats.  But I didn't want to spoil for you guys  Big smile  The guy who wrote about the house should be a writer.  I loved the way he wrote it.  From the writings of their names it would seem they are from India.  Naseer A. Tahir, MD.  I just thought you guys would of liked to see a pretty near resemblance of Ravenhurst  Big smile  Have fun you guys.  And Just I am working on your list and loving every minute of it lol.

Sassy
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Tue May 06, 2014 8:20 pm

These posts are amazing !!!!!  I love things like this.  A game set in a real environment would be awesome.  BTW, I used to live by Waverly in Kentucky and they do open it at Halloween time.  It was also once a "mental asylum" as they used to be called.  Creepy place.   EEK!  The one in Ohio looks awesome, the castle looking one.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue May 06, 2014 8:30 pm

Vampire Legends: Kisilova is based on the first confirmed report of a vampire, in a real town called Kisilova that is still around today. And as part of the CE pack they have interviews with the alledged vampire's family members who still live in the area. And photos of the town and cemetery!
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Wed May 07, 2014 7:29 am

I love all the spooky looking mansions and hotels.

Growing up in NW Pennsylvania I heard of a urban legend called Ax Murder Hollow.  A jealous husband suspects his wife has been cheating on him and one night beheads her with a ax and goes and sets his home on fire killing himself.  Jump a few years and a young couple get a flat tire in the same area and the young man tells the girl to stay in the car with the doors locked.  She hears a gurgling noise and a light shows in the car window with a voice telling her to get out.  She does only to find the young man hanging by his ankles with his throat slit and a figure with a light in one hand and a bloody axe in the other.

I always thought the  title Ax Murder Hollow would make a good and scary adventure game.   I would provide the link to the story, but having trouble.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed May 07, 2014 9:23 am

Sounds a lot like the hookman urban legend!

sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Thu May 08, 2014 4:17 am

Yes, I played the Hookman and it does sound like that.

https://sites.google.com/site/hauntsandhistory/eriei-80hauntsandhistory

Oh, I learned how to do the link.   Happy bounce  It is the 4th one down on the list.

That mansion that looks like the Ravenhearst mansion is uncanny looking.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:07 am