Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Untold History: Descendant of the Sun

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Untold History: Descendant of the Sun Empty Untold History: Descendant of the Sun

Post by genkicoll Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:35 am

Untold History: Descendant of the Sun
    by ChaYoWo Games - June, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Untold History: Descendant of the Sun Untold-history-descendant-of-the-sun-ce_feature

Confront an ancient evil and uncover your true destiny in Untold History: Descendant of the Sun! You spent your whole life believing that you were an orphan. But one night, your world is changed forever when an unexpected visitor arrives with a startling revelation – you are the fabled Descendant of the Sun, rightful heir to the most powerful artifact in the world! But as you set out to retrieve it, you find yourself confronted by an ancient evil willing to do anything to get the artifact for itself. Each step of your journey will bring you closer to your true destiny in this gorgeous Hidden Object Adventure game!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Realize your true potential in the bonus chapter
    • Stunning concept art
    • Gorgeous wallpapers
    • Remarkable musical soundtrack

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge
    Untold History: Descendant of the Sun Th_screen1 Untold History: Descendant of the Sun Th_screen2 Untold History: Descendant of the Sun Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Untold History: Descendant of the Sun Empty Re: Untold History: Descendant of the Sun

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:09 pm

NICE BUT UNASSUMING GAME***

BASED ON FULL DEMO

A refreshing CHANGE of LOCATION & CULTURE is the most immediate and distinguishing feature of this game. Set in PERSIA? With a strong EASTERN/HINDU feel, this game is not at all what we’re used to seeing.

Unbeknownst to you, you are the legendary Descendant of the Sun, and having come of age, must make a journey to retrieve a powerful relic of which you are the rightful keeper. The grandfather you never knew you had is killed whilst giving you instructions on how you must fulfil prophecy, but manages to give you one of five amulets that will protect you from evil. Now you must find the other four.

From what I’ve seen so far, nothing about this game warrants CE status, which is a shame, because as a stand-alone SE, where expectations are not so high, I think it would be far MORE SUCCESSFUL.

It is an EASY & SIMPLE HO PUZZLE ADVENTURE. The number of HOS & PUZZLES is about evenly balanced, with each HOS visited twice. The HOS are mildly interactive LISTS with nothing to distinguish them. The GRAPHICS are the CUT & PASTE kind, which I personally detest, but it must be said, it is very WELL DONE here.

There are a lot of LITTLE PUZZLES & MINI-GAMES that require brain power without causing headaches, and what I’ve seen were ALL ORIGINAL.

With an INTERACTIVE JUMP MAP that shows you ‘hot spots’ and a DIRECTIONAL HINT, the ADVENTURE side of this game is pretty EASY. (I should point out, the SG looks very poorly put together, and difficult to read due to poor definition.)

There is also a JOURNAL where you keep the notes you find whilst searching around. There is nothing apart from these notes to collect.

COLLECTOR’S EDITION EXTRAS are the BONUS CHAPTER and GALLERY.

In all ways this is a PLEASANT BUT UNIMPRESSIVE game, with nothing much to recommend it as a CE.

When the SE comes out, I expect I’ll rate this game higher, but in the meantime, as a CE...

I don’t recommend this game!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:55 am