Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Drawn 2: Dark Flight

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Drawn 2: Dark Flight Empty Drawn 2: Dark Flight

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Drawn: Dark Flight
    by Big Fish Games

Series links:  Drawn 1: The Painted Tower, Drawn 2: Dark Flight, Drawn 3: Trail of Shadows

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Steam as Standard Edition / Collector's Edition

Drawn 2: Dark Flight Drawn-dark-flight-collectors-edition_feature

Iris has escaped from the Tower but she still needs your help! Explore the Kingdom of Stonebriar and solve the mysteries of the shadows that prowl its streets in this fun Adventure game. Enter magical worlds through colorful paintings and meet a host of fantastic characters that will help you on your quest in Drawn: The Dark Flight. Only someone with the power of imagination can unravel the mysteries of the three beacons, and save a future queen that will bring hope back to a people!

CE Content:

• New quest with special ending
    • Unique achievements to earn
    • Concept art and wallpapers
    • Incredible original soundtrack
    • Integrated Smart Guide

Drawn 2: Dark Flight Screen1
    Drawn 2: Dark Flight Screen2
    Drawn 2: Dark Flight Screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Drawn 2: Dark Flight Empty Re: Drawn 2: Dark Flight

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Drawn: Dark Flight (Adventure-lite)

Options include Music, Sound Effects, Brightness, Full Screen, Aspect Ratio and Custom Cursor, plus choice of Casual or Experienced difficulty.

The Drawn games are story-driven adventure-lites, so if you don't like stories in your games, this series probably isn't for you.

HINTS are "tiered" and refillable.  Click for a hint to get a general idea of what you should be doing; click again and get more specific instructions.  Basically, the hints walk you through what you need to know.

I like that the game's toolbar disappears unless you mouse-over it. It's so nice to be able to see all of the beautiful artwork and not have it cut off.

Dark Flight takes up right where The Painted Tower left off. I highly recommend playing the first Drawn game before you play this one, but the game creators have added enough story that you won't be totally lost if you didn't play Painted Tower first.

The music, the gameplay, the voices... even the scenery is very similar to the first game.  We visit some familiar locations, but from new and different angles.  The devs handled this beautifully! 

There is just one more thing I'd like to mention: When you exit the game, you are automatically taken into a video-preview of Dark Flight.  It is beautifully done, majestic and thrilling... except that you will see it every time you exit the game. Hit the Esc key to bypass the video.

This was an absolute must-buy for me, just knowing that this game has the same high production values as the first Drawn game.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:53 am

Drawn 2: Dark Flight (Adventure-lite)
    January, 2012 review updated after replaying in April, 2019

Options include Music, Sound Effects, Brightness, Full Screen, Aspect Ratio and Custom Cursor, plus choice of Casual (with tutorial) or Experienced (w/o tutorial).

Dark Flight takes up right where The Painted Tower left off. I highly recommend playing the first Drawn game before you play this one, but the game creators have added enough story that you won't be totally lost if you didn't play Painted Tower first.

HINTS are tiered and refillable.  Click for a hint to get a general idea of what you should be doing; click again and get more specific instructions.  Basically, the hints walk you through what you need to know.

I like that the game's toolbar disappears unless you mouse-over it. It's so nice to be able to see all of the beautiful artwork and not have it cut off, though you can lock the toolbar into the open position if you wish.

The music, the gameplay, the voices... even the scenery is very similar to the first game, and yet, somehow, even more magical.  We visit a couple of familiar locations early on, but from different angles.  The devs handled this beautifully!  In addition to the paintings you would expect, we now have pop-up books to explore and puzzle through, and they are just delightful.  The world is a bit more open than in the first game, and seemed to have much less to-ing and fro-ing.

There was not a single "been there, done that" puzzle to be found in Dark Flight... Everything was put together with creativity and imagination in mind.  Just fantastic!

Bonus Content:

• 15 in-game achievements
    • 45 Concept art
    • 10 Wallpapers
    • Bonus Chapter
    • 23 Music Tracks (don't see a way to save them to the computer)

The Bonus Chapter addresses a lingering question that I had leftover from the main story.  The gameplay is just as good as the rest of the game, and in the end, you will need to find an item on almost every scene.  It was lovely to revisit the beautiful locations, and I didn't find it the slightest bit tedious.  The resulting "puzzle" that you do to finish off the game is reminiscent of the Glass Masquerade games, and the story ties up nicely.

I really enjoyed the first Drawn game... but I ADORED this one.  Hard-core adventurers might think that Dark Flight would be too easy, but they'd be missing out on a game that is truly special.  This title earns my highest recommendation!

Drawn 2: Dark Flight O9fj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:06 am