Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning! Empty Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning!

Post by genkicoll Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:08 pm

My brother just made me aware of a site that truly supports the developer(s), Kickstarter - This site doesn't just support game developers, but also art, design, fashion, dance, music, photography, and more.

The site has been featured via CNN, TIME, The New York Times, BBC, etc.

Basically, the a person or company will post their concept, as well as a goal amount of money to raise. You choose your pledge amount, and what you get from your pledge varies dependent upon how much you've chosen to give -- much like the SubSoap folks are doing with Faerie Soliatire 2.

As an example of how things work, take a look at the Lilly Looking Through: An Animated Adventure Game thread.

Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning! O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning! Empty Re: Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning!

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:17 pm

I noticed that the Kickstarter link in post #1 was pointing to the Lilly Looking Through game on their site, so have remedied this to point to the video games section of their site.

For those who don't feel like scrolling back for the link (or logging in Silly face Wink), here is the link: http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/categories/video%20games

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning! Empty Re: Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning!

Post by genkicoll Tue May 07, 2013 10:06 am

I just saw a new game in development at Kickstarter called The Realm.

"An emotive visually stunning game set in a familiar but strange future - an imaginative evolution of the point&click adventure genre"

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/995134339/the-realm-game?ref=category

If you scroll down past all of the potential bonuses for supporting the project, you'll get to the actual game info, which includes this:

So What Is 'The Realm'?

The Realm is set in a far distant future where the world has been reclaimed by nature. Our once proud cities now lie abandoned - overgrown with strange plants and twisted vines. The locations in The Realm reflect the real-life landscapes and architecture of the North East of England.

Some humans remain, but they are now leading a more simple life based around small rural communities entirely divorced from modern technology and science. The age of magic and mysticism has returned and there are rumours of stirrings in the forests.
    Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning! 5d1a485e48e6f00fb6b5bea433604e15_large

I love the artwork, and it sounds very promising! Here's hoping it gets funded!!

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon May 13, 2013 10:28 am

The Realm follows the story of Sarina, a headstrong young girl who leaves the safety of her village to embark on a desperate quest to discover a cure for her sick mother. On her journey she befriends a legendary giant stone golem named Toru, a gentle but powerful creature, and the unlikely couple begin a treacherous adventure together.Sarina and Toru travel across the wild and beautiful land to a forgotten city, where legend speaks of a flower growing with amazing healing properties. Their presence in the city awakens a long forgotten shadowy force that controls the Lampheads - mysterious plant-like creatures witha powerful and deadly gaze.

How Do I Play The Realm?

In The Realm, the player controls both our heroes - Sarina and Toru. To complete the adventure, the player must learn to utilize the unique abilities of both characters to solve the many puzzles and to overcome the many threats that dwell in The Realm.

Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning! E28d9785f72df6cef4250b0156a91e12_large

Sarina is adventurous, feisty and smart. However, she is vulnerable to the many natural hazards and creatures found in the world. She is fast and nimble, but her size means that she is unable to perform many of the tasks required to progress. Luckily, Toru is able to lend his power in assistance.

Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning! 66c9668cbe10e7a886b6e9b525320dc4_large

Toru is a giant stone golem who has been dormant in the forest for a long time. He’s naive, pure and he can't remember his past. He fascinated and easily distracted by the wonders around him. Slow moving but powerful, he is impervious to many hazards, and throughout
    the game he learns new skills and abilities from Sarina. Only by leading Sarina and Toru through a number of beautiful but dangerous locations and solving a series of environment-based puzzles, will you be able to help our heroes fulfil Sarina's quest and help Toru discover his purpose. Sarina and Toru can be moved around each location and interact with objects found within. When interacting with an object, each character is presented with a unique set of available actions, specific to the given context. There are characters that help, and others that hinder, and there are deadly traps and evil lurking in the shadows. You must use all your cunning to survive!

Only 8 days left to get this one funded!
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/995134339/the-realm-game?ref=category

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:33 am

OhNoo Studios -- the creators of the game Tormentum: Dark Sorrow -- have a new project in the works.

Tsioque is "A dark but playful point & click adventure, hand-animated in glorious frame-by-frame 2D."
    Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning! 3db150cea3a4fe6a892c1b6d826a33a9_original

Features:

• A 100% hand-drawn adventure with a unique atmosphere and a vivid, individual style, by the award-winning animation filmmaker and self-proclaimed genius Alek Wasilewski.
    • Story with a twist – a clever storyline that may surprise you.
    • Humor? Check. Darkness? Check. Suspense? Check! What more could you ask for?
    • LOTS of 2D animation – all characters and items are hand-animated, frame-by-frame, old-school-style.

Check out some of the artwork!
    Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning! ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to=*,*|637:358&background-color=black
    Kickstarter - Support the Devs, Right from the Beginning! ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to=*,*|637:358&background-color=black

I really enjoyed Tormentum, and I can't wait to get my hands on Tsoique.

If you like what you see, please support them by voting YES on Steam Greenlight.

If you REALLY like what you see, check out the Kickstarter page and support the developer... right from the beginning!

You can find a demo for the game at both the Greenlight page and on Kickstarter Sunny

Crimson-Albedo
    Crimson-Albedo

Post by Crimson-Albedo Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:43 pm

I really should look into more projects on Kickstarter. I've backed a few but not to many. My funding is usually not the best when it comes time to me finding a video game I feel like backing. Most of the projects I've backed on there have been board games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:46 am