Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum Empty Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum

Post by genkicoll Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum
    by Lazy Turtle Games

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum Abandoned-chestnut-lodge-asylum_feature

These days the Chestnut Lodge Asylum is abandoned and forgotten, but many years ago a terrible tragedy unfolded behind those rusty gates. Every year, patients disappeared from the asylum without a trace. Neither the nurses nor the police could find any clues. But one day, everything changed. My dreams draw me to the asylum and I yearn to return to my normal life - a life without nightmares, premonitions, and fears.... Explore the Asylum and its surroundings, find out the true story of this place and face your fears in this gripping Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure!

• Creepy atmosphere
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Solve the asylum mystery!
    • Blog Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum Th_screen1_Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum Th_screen2_Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum Empty Re: Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:01 am

All The CE Bells & Whistles...  
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

This game clearly was designed to be a CE, all that is missing is the bonus game play. As well as a well crafted game, it has the following Bling!:

• Integrated SG
    • Collectibles
    • Achievements
    • Wallpapers
    • Sneak Peek (video from their next game Frozen – looks good)

The game is good value in its own right. The graphics are good, not spectacular, but the cut scenes are sensational and make up for it. The atmosphere is oppressive, ugly and sometimes downright scary. The story is nothing new, and is not emphasised with lots of scattered info along the way. You spend most of the time simply getting around the grounds and buildings trying to find out what happened. But it is well paced, and finishes with a bang.

I found myself having to get help on what to do next from the SG a bit too often. Still, I was playing late at night and it might have been just me. What this game didn’t have and needed desperately was an interactive map. The game area was huge. There were dozens of locations, often used only for a couple of items spread apart of course, and they were all over that none existent map. It required my full concentration to just get around, never mind remembering where particular puzzles were. Now that we’ve mentioned them, there were very few puzzles and they were easy. This was a HO game, wrapped into a good adventure.

Overall, this game is worthy of a solid four stars from me – its extras have earned it a fifth.

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:38 am