Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Living Legends 1: Ice Rose

Living Legends 1: Ice Rose

Post by genkicoll on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Living Legends: Ice Rose

Series links: Living Legends 1: Ice Rose, Living Legends 2: Frozen Beauty, Living Legends 3: Wrath of the Beast

Available at:
    Alawar as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse as Premium Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Novelist Edward Grand has found evidence of a terrible tragedy in the city of Rosemount and sets off to investigate in Living Legends: Ice Rose! Help Edward gather information for his new book and explore the Castle of Ice Queen in this incredible Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game. Scour the frozen landscapes and thaw out important locations as you solve an intriguing mystery in Living Legends: Ice Rose!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Wonderful wallpapers
    • Concept Art

For the Standard Edition

• Strategy Guide
    • Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

To the world you may be one person;
    but to one person you may be the world.

Re: Living Legends 1: Ice Rose

Post by JustTheFacts on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:15 am

Icy Charm****

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny 

How spoiled we have all become! We do expect so much more of games than we did even just a year ago.

This is a good game that was hugely popular when it was released, only 18 months ago. But there are no voiceovers, few sound effects, barely heard music. No useful hint outside HO scenes (“Nothing to do here right now”). There is no map, interactive or not. The HO scenes themselves have no animation, they are almost all interactive lists, with very limited interaction, and visited twice. The puzzles are, now at least, all familiar. How many of us would as enthusiastically recommend it today?

And this IS a good game. The gameplay is absorbing, the graphics are high quality and beautiful, the puzzles are interesting, and everything moves at a good pace. The story is fairly old hat – the Ice Queen has been released by gullible men she has lured to do her bidding, and your silly fool of a husband is the next in line. You must save him and the world by destroying her power, and end the endless winter. This game tells that story smoothly integrated with the gameplay, keeping us busy as we delve deeper into the frozen land.

One thing that was really well done was the transformation of scenes from winter to emergent spring. It’s my favourite special effect I never get tired of it, and I love the way it is done here.

If you want an immersive wintery experience, one that is comfortable and relaxing, rather than thriller material, I think you’d enjoy this one.

I Recommend This Game!

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:07 pm