Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Rita James and the Race to Shangri La

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Rita James and the Race to Shangri La Empty Rita James and the Race to Shangri La

Post by genkicoll Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Rita James and the Race to Shangri La
    by: Big Finish Games

Series links: Escape From Thunder Island, Rita James and the Race to Shangri La

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC
    GameHouse

Rita James and the Race to Shangri La 45465029-45465037-300x150

The braver than brilliant aviatrix returns in Rita James and the Race to Shangri La, a daring new adventure with a lighthearted twist.

Months after saving her missing father Dr. James from Thunder Island, Rita is on a whirlwind adventure in search of Shangri La. A stunning turn of events has them both on the run and only by finding the mythical paradise can they hope to clear their name. With help from Sebastian and Marbles the monkey, will they be able to traverse this land where few have ventured?

Join Rita and her friends on this whimsical voyage that pays homage to 1930's adventure serials. Play through six exciting chapters as you traverse the steep Himalayan Mountains, escape a small village filled with thugs, and encounter the infamous Yeti. Enjoy incredible locations searching for items, solving puzzles, and escaping perilous circumstances. With a rich soundtrack, gorgeous scenes, and a comedic atmosphere, you'll be immersed in a magnificent misadventure.

• Join Rita and friends on another whimsical Hidden Object journey.
    • Search for Shangri La in an effort to clear their names.
    • Traverse the Himalayas, escape a village filled with thugs, and encounter the Yeti.
    • Locate for items, solve puzzles, and escape perilous circumstances.
    • Enjoy six exciting chapters that pay homage to 1930's serial
      adventures.

Click images to enlarge
    Rita James and the Race to Shangri La Th_screen1 Rita James and the Race to Shangri La Th_screen2 Rita James and the Race to Shangri La Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Rita James and the Race to Shangri La O9fj
    Janie42

Rita James and the Race to Shangri La Empty Re: Rita James and the Race to Shangri La

Post by Janie42 Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 am

Bought at GH & happily surprised by how much fun the game is.

It reminds me strongly of a scaled-down version of the "Runaway Turtle" series of adventure games. Gameplay in Rita is genuinely entertaining & the characters are a blast! Good voice-overs & a strong storyline.

I love the humour & comic book presentation in the cut scenes. Graphics are lovely; tasks & puzzles a good difficulty; and the hos are actually quite fun & very interactive--I don't mean the usual "find one interactive object to join to another" & that's it. No, no, here much of what happens in the hos requires interactions. I enjoyed this feature immensely, almost made me forget how much I usually dislike hos!

I definitely recommend this well-made & truly fun-to-play adventure hos.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Rita James and the Race to Shangri La Empty Re: Rita James and the Race to Shangri La

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:02 am

This sequel to Escape From Thunder Island is now available at Big Fish Smile

Rita James and the Race to Shangri La O9fj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:24 pm