Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World

genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World Empty The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:16 pm

The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World
    by E-Funsoft - February, 2017

Series links: The Trials of Olympus, The Trials of Olympus II: Wrath of the Gods, The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    Steam

The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World The-trials-of-olympus-iii-king-of-the-world_feature

Enraged over the death of his father, King Xerxes of Persia assembles a mighty force to conquer Greece and get revenge. Meanwhile, humanity’s arrogance has angered the god Poseidon, who now expresses his displeasure through natural disasters. And as Angelo struggles to keep his kingdom together, his duties cause a growing rift between him and his beloved wife, Amara.

Can Angelo stop Xerxes, appease the gods, and win back Amara’s love? Help him as he fights enemies, builds temples, makes new allies, and transforms the world itself in an epic adventure that transcends the bounds of history.

• An epic based on mythology
    • 100 challenging match-3 levels
    • A wide world to explore and upgrade
    • Original Roman and Celtic music compositions

The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World Screen1
    The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World Screen2
    The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World Screen3

The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World Empty Re: The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World

Post by genkicoll Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:04 am

The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World (Match-3)

Options include separate sliders for SFX and Music, Full-screen and Tutorial.

This is a swap-to-match-3 game with your choice of Timed or Relaxed mode.  The difficulty cannot be switched in-game once you've started.

The goal is to clear all of the gold-rimmed tiles.  You do not have to clear every tile, but at times you'll have to break two chains across the tiles, and then clear the tile twice more if there are two gold there (will be a brighter shade of yellow if you have to match it twice.)  That means that you have to match that single tile FOUR times to clear it!

Things are pretty zen to start with, but the difficulty amps up incredibly later in the game, making the game incredibly stressful to play on timed mode.  I actually got to the point that I had to play the same level over and over again, and couldn't get past it, so I HIGHLY recommend playing on relaxed mode!

If you choose not to heed my most excellent advice, then end of asking yourself, "Why oh why didn't I listen to Genki?!?" fear not!  I've got you covered!  I made a guide just for you! How to Switch from Timed to Relaxed Mode->(with a simple file edit).

The six BONUSES that you earn early on in the game won't be a lot of help with the difficulty, as only the top two tools will actually affect obstacles - such as crates and chains - or the gold tiles.  You'd think that lightning would break things, at least, but no. :\  Basically the bottom four tools will just shake up the tiles a bit so that you'll be able to make some moves.

Charge your six tools by making matches with the corresponding elements.  The tile that charges them will change with each level, as you'll be working with a different tile set each time.

There is no match-4 bonus, but you'll get a simple power-up when you match-5, and matching 6+ will get you much better power-ups to use (these are VERY hard to get, by the way!)

The story is where the game shines, so let me explain how that works:

You will earn a set amount of gold for each level that you play, and with that gold, you will unlock new upgrades for your kingdom.  For each upgrade that you purchase, you'll get a new cutscene that will progress the story.  The music is very nice, and the voiceovers are very well done. 

I haven't played the first two games in the series, but I was able to follow the story just fine.  I was intrigued by how they handled the history involved in the game, and was pleasantly surprised by how they tied everything up at the end.

This is an enjoyable game to play on relaxed mode, and one that I would recommend playing if only for the gorgeous backgrounds and interesting story.

The Trials of Olympus III: King of the World O9fj

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:42 pm