Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Empty The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One

Post by JustTheFacts Mon May 07, 2018 4:45 am

The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One
    by Eipix Entertainment - April, 2018

Series links: The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One;

Available from:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One The-andersen-accounts-chapter-one-ce_feature

Eipix Entertainment proudly presents a new magical thriller series in The Andersen Accounts!

A happy reunion with an old friend quickly turns dark when she’s kidnapped by an unknown assailant! With a rise in people using magical ink to gain incredible powers, nothing’s as it seems in Bay City. It’s up to you to traverse a dangerous city filled with fabled foes to save your friend and the place you call home! Do you have what it takes? Find out in this spine-tingling Hidden-Object Puzzle adventure!

• Assist the police in Operation: Three Little Pigs in the bonus chapter!
    • Find a secret Little Red Riding Hood in every scene!
    • Lots of collectible souvenirs, morphing objects to find too!
    • Earn achievements and replay your favorite mini-games and HOPs.
    • Enjoy exclusive screensavers, wallpapers, concept art, and more!
    • Big Fish Blog Walkthrough

The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Screen1
    The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Screen2
    The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Empty Urban Thriller

Post by JustTheFacts Mon May 07, 2018 4:48 am

For the dark and eerie crowd Big smile 

IN BRIEF

Based on demo and having read some of the conflicting reviews of both this and the CE.

This is different. An urban thriller with ties to magic. I love the feel of this game. It is gritty, sort of sleazy, with an almost 'future fiction' style. The music adds significantly to the atmosphere. 

Exactly how it is tied into the story of Red Riding Hood is not immediately obvious, but I have every confidence the connection will be revealed, despite what has been said. The idea of people getting magical powers from tattoos that are 'poisoning' them is just way cool.

And the visuals are great for this kind of story. I do agree, though, that the larger inventory bar does make it seem a bit claustrophobic. And yes, without a doubt, the moving from scene to scene or backing out of a close up is a real pain. The cursor needs to be in a different spot in relation to the screen from what we're used to, and it is hard to move.

For this design flaw, I have taken off a star in my rating. Even playing the best game ever would suffer from that kind of constraint of movement. I see that the games problem was fixed by the update I downloaded, because I had no issues.

Otherwise, everything I love about Eipix games. HOPs are quite challenging, but not overly so IMHO, and it is a 'dark' game, so yes, the HOPs are too. I think an alternative game for the HOPs, for those people who found them frustrating, would have been a good idea. 

Puzzles ranged from easy even for me, to "darn I have to skip already?" I definitely think the SG alone would make this game better in the CE version than standard. I needed to use hint!

Of course, there are a lot of other extras to go with the CE package. Achievements, collectibles, morphing objects (in HOPs), replayables, the Souvenir Room, art and music, and the bonus chapter.

I really want to finish playing this game right now, but I will wait - for the $$$ to buy the CE.

For more than most games, I suggest you need to trial this one for yourself, it is definitely not everyone's cup of tea.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Empty Re: The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One

Post by genkicoll Sun May 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Very interesting!  I hope this one comes to Steam, as I rarely buy at Big Fish anymore.  Too expensive!

Sponsored content

The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Empty Re: The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:59 pm