Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

What happened to playfirst?

sakshi3631

What happened to playfirst? Empty What happened to playfirst?

Post by sakshi3631 Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:51 am

I have been playing Playfirst games for as long I can remember. There is no one who comes close to the quality of their games. Diner dash and all the dashes, avenue flo- they have it all.

What has happened? They haven't released any new PC games Just revamping the old ones for android and mac.
    I miss them so much. I have played the diner dash series several times.
    Anyone know why?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

What happened to playfirst? Empty Re: What happened to playfirst?

Post by genkicoll Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Oh wow... Playfirst closed their doors many years ago - they haven't made a game since 2005.  It's the reason why their games never go on sale at Steam - because the company no longer exists.  It's also why Big Fish does not sell their games anymore.

You should try the Delicious: Emily games by GameHouse.  They're not as frenetic as the Diner Dash games (no chaining bonus for cleaning up, for instance), but once I got used to the style of the games, I was totally addicted.  I have a whole section dedicated to the Delicious: Emily Games, and have thoughts on the series posted here.

Do you like TM's like the My Kingdom for the Princess and Roads of Rome games?
    sakshi3631

Post by sakshi3631 Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:49 pm

I havent played these games.
    Its just so sad that playfirst shut down. Their casual games are the best. Why would such a good company shut down like that?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:51 am

If I remember correctly, there was some kind of dispute... Big Fish might have been part of the equation, but it's been so long that I can't remember now.

This article may help:
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/playfirst-abandons-pcmac-market-for-greener-mobile-pastures/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content