Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Dawn (FREE)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dawn (FREE) Empty Dawn (FREE)

Post by genkicoll Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:36 pm

Dawn
    by Brave Rabbit Games - March, 2017

Available at:
    Steam

Dawn (FREE) Header15

Dawn is an atmospheric 3D platformer in which players guide a druidic creature named Ash through a beautiful environment to bring life and light back to a dead tree at the center of the world. Players must use Ash’s power to grow plants and activate objects to create paths through the environment. The world of Dawn is filled with hidden flowers off the beaten path – collect them all to unlock a secret!

• A beautiful organic world to explore.
    • Accessible, fluid platforming gameplay.
    • Dynamic original soundtrack that responds to the player's progress.

About the Team

Dawn was created by Brave Rabbit Games, a team of 18 students from the Guildhall at Southern Methodist University, a graduate school for game development in Plano, TX. Development took place over the course of roughly five months in the latter half of 2016, as the capstone project for Guildhall's team game curriculum. We've been learning how to make games for two years now, and we're excited to share our best project yet!
    Dawn (FREE) Ss_f1310
    Dawn (FREE) Ss_1bd10
    Dawn (FREE) Ss_9bc10
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dawn (FREE) Empty Re: Dawn (FREE)

Post by genkicoll Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Dawn (Platformer)

This is FREE game that - once you've played the game and know what to do - can be completed in a speedrun in under 5 minutes... but where's the fun in that?  The whole point of the game is to explore, relax and enjoy the environment... and to get the 12 achievements, of course ;D

Some gripes:
     - I had to turn the volume WAY up to hear the music
     - The loading screen takes about a minute.  With today's technology, that is forever!

The character design and her movements are beautifully done, and the music is quite lovely.  I mentioned that it's relaxing, and that is due to a combination of the aforementioned details, and the fact that you literally cannot die.

Make all 23 flowers bloom in order to unlock 'New game+' mode, which gives you a second "skin" for your character (Autumn colors).

Dawn is a lovely and short game that is fun and relaxing to play.  I'll definitely be going back in to get those last three achievements! 

Not recommended for those who don't like to take their time to explore, but definitely recommended for those who like pretty graphics and music, finding secrets, and achievement-hunting. Okay

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:05 pm