Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Rescue Lucy

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Rescue Lucy Empty Rescue Lucy

Post by genkicoll Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Rescue Lucy
    by Starodymov - June, 2016

Rescue Lucy Header

Not worthy of a full intro post, imo, so going straight into the review:

This is not a hidden object game, nor is it an adventure - not one that you would expect to see on Steam, anyway. Rescue Lucy is kind of an escape-the-room Flash game. You know the type - click on everything and see if you can pick it up, or if it will do something when you click.

The box on the bottom left manages your inventory. Click on that box and select which item you'd like to have in your hand. Some items need to be merged, which the game will walk you through. It's pretty much the only instruction you'll get... everything else is click and see.

Enter a room with something scary and you'll have four seconds to take it out or leave the room (it won't chase you.) If the counter reaches zero, your character will scream, and you'll be back on the intro page. Just click on Continue Game and go back in - prepared this time, hopefully ;)

The inventory can be fiddly, you have to hit your enemies in just the right place (aim for the chest!) or it won't do any good, and there were some nonsensical solutions, which are a pet peeve of mine.

I generally don't like to write negative reviews, as it's all a matter of personal taste, but I can't recommend paying for this game. There are plenty of similar games on the 'net that are just as, or more enjoyable, and they're free.

Sorry, devs, I have to give a thumbs down on this one.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:09 am