Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Hey All

orphaned
    orphaned

Hey All - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey All

Post by orphaned Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:59 pm

nana_nytowl wrote:Damn!! You caught me.   Crazy

Will be looking forward to hearing from you.
    Half Flower

Snicker

done... and done.   Okay
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:06 pm

nana_nytowl wrote:Damn!! You caught me.   Crazy

Will be looking forward to hearing from you.

(PS.  How do I change the time zone thing?)
    Half Flower

(PS.  How do I change the time zone thing?)

Hmm...  hmmmmm

Excellent question ...

ummm ... ( stalling for time )

I thought the location alone would be enough but ... 

there is a niggling voice that says more may be needed ...   Mouse Shades Mouse Shades Mouse Shades 

let me check in older posts to see if there is an added step required  ...

brb

Sunny
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:18 pm

Half Flower

okay ... re TIME ZONE

look up at the top where the Genki's banner is

under the Welcome line you will see 

Hey All - Page 2 I_icon_mini_indexHey All - Page 2 I_icon_mini_membersHey All - Page 2 I_icon_mini_profileHey All - Page 2 I_icon_mini_messageHey All - Page 2 I_icon_mini_logout

press PROFILE

you will see new items along the top 

>>> press PREFERENCES ( at the left )

then you will see a listing of many items ( in a downward column)

second from the bottom is TIME ZONE

simply punch in your location

funny numbers should appear beside it >>>> the code for your location.

remember to SAVE the changes.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:40 pm

OK, so I don't work for the same doctor anymore, but I do still work WITH him.  For the past year and a half, I've been a CTA (Clinical Team Assistant) for the hospice where he is medical director, so I talk to him about work stuff every day.  I'll explain what I do if you're interested, but I'd hate to bore you Wink

Hospice keeps me super-busy, but I love what I do... It's very fulfilling work.  Besides that I spend my time with my family, on the house, and play games when I can!  It's the reason why I haven't really been keeping the site up -- Got too much stuff to do~!

NOW, a little about Beth.  Ultimately, Beth is the reason that this site exists.  Beth and I were hugely into Zoo Tycoon, which kept my attention for 6 years.  Beth and I would talk both via messaging and on the phone, and I just couldn't understand why she was paying for games when we had a nicely-sized arcade right there at Zoo Tek.  Eventually she talked me into trying out some of her games from Big Fish, and then... Well I was caught.  Hook, line, and sinker!  Those hidden object games were just fascinating, and I couldn't get enough!

From there I started "swimming in the Pond", and then I went to The Diving Bell Adventure Pub (now %7D]The Phoenix Rising Gamers Pub.)  When The Diving Bell went down for what looked like forever, I started Genki's Game Gab as a shelter of sorts.  When The Diving Bell came back, I morphed this site into what I wanted for myself... A quiet little place that not many know about, but that my Pub friends can still call home when their site goes down.

Y'all know about the evolution from there Big smile  The Dark & Eerie club from Big Fish moved in when the Pond shut down, and then we were attacked by... err... graced with dragons!

Sadly, the D&E peeps have mostly moved on, but I hope that they know that they are always welcome here Offering  I, myself, have mostly moved away from casual games into Adventures, Platformers, and Action-Adventures, but I'll always go back to my IHOG's when I need a break~  GGG remains a mostly-casual-games site, with the odd non-casual when I have a review for one (or unless/until some of my non-casual-gaming friends show up.)

Sunny

Hey All - Page 2 O9fj
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Half Flower

Oh ...

Hey All - Page 2 ?ui=2&ik=b4b6ea3c9e&view=fimg&th=158778b1580faab9&attid=0

I'll be back ... Snicker

orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Half Flower

Hey All - Page 2 ?ui=2&ik=b4b6ea3c9e&view=fimg&th=1587b7bb5be348e4&attid=0.4&disp=emb&realattid=2c802e47eebf5be1_0
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:02 pm

Half Flower

I never knew how or why this wonderful site existed before ..

And knew little about you, genki, other than you had a kind and generous heart.

Perhaps the fairest person I have ever met ...

As a former nurse .. I would love to know more about your work.

Being at a hospice is the most demanding and rewarding job there is ..

You can really make a difference .... when it means the most.

I am delighted that now I have had the pleasure of meeting the two driving forces behind GGG.   Hug  heart flowers

This site was ... and is ... a godsend to me.    Angel

A safe place to play .. meeting special and lovely people.

Sunny      Sunny     Sunny
    nana_nytowl
    nana_nytowl

Post by nana_nytowl Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:21 pm

Thank you Elizabeth.. I found it.  thankee

And thanks for the compliments Genki.  I love that you included me in your comments.  And I'd love to hear about your job, your dad and Monique.

And would LOVE to talk to you on the phone again.

{{{HUGS}}}
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

My job is basically the hub of the operation - I'm the mover and shaker ;D  Nurses (etc) put in orders, which are reviewed by the team lead, which then come to me.  I get those orders signed by the doctor, sent to the facility and/or pharmacy, upload them to the chart, and let the nurses (etc) know that their orders have been processed.

Patient needs meds, I make sure they get 'em.  They need medical equipment? (ie. oxygen concentrator, wheelchair, hospital bed, etc), that's me, too.  

I track every admission, every death and discharge, send records anywhere they might need to go (like when a patient transfers to a facility/new location), keep charts up-to-date, answer phones, help with scheduling, manage IDG, and more.

What's IDG you ask?  IDG = Interdisciplinary Group.  Every patient must have an IDG team, which consists of:  Medical Director (aka Dad), RNCM (RN Case Manager), Chaplain, Social Worker, and Hospice Aide (which are always CNA's).  Patients can of course decline any discipline except for the RN.  All team members (except the HA's) MUST come together to review every patient on IDG days, which happen every two weeks.  I took over running the meetings probably 6 months ago.  I have a multitude of tasks to do both before and after IDG in addition to my regular duties, but luckily my office coworkers can and do help with those tasks.

Hospice is all about making sure that people have the best quality of life possible in their final days.  Our goal is for no one to die alone, afraid, or in pain, and we have an AMAZING team that comes together to make sure that happens Sunny

Hey All - Page 2 O9fj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:26 am