Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

BFG was hacked

Sable
    Sable

BFG was hacked Empty BFG was hacked

Post by Sable Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:37 am

BFG Statement 2/10/15

BFG stated they discovered on 1/12/15 involving the theft of payment information from their online stores. An unknown criminal installed malware on the billing and payment pages of their websites that had intercepted customer payment information for purchases between 12/24/14 and 1/8/15. Your name, address, payment card information including the card number, expiration date and CVV2 code may have been among the information accessed. BFG is stating your information could have been affected if you entered new payment details during this time and may not effect those using a previously saved profile. BFG has stated that they have taken the steps to remove the malware and prevent it from being reinstalled. Also stated they have reported this to law enforcement and credit reporting agencies.

I take this to mean if you were a member during this time it may not have affected you. To me there are just to many May Have's or Could Have's. I just wanted you all to be informed on what had happened in case you didn't know. I also know we are spread out and some of our friends don't come here. Please feel free to copy this information if you wish to and share it with your friends on the other forums you go to in case they don't know. Would appreciate your help, thanks.

I posted the above, with permission from Patches of Gaming Friends.  Just a heads-up to inform you all.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

BFG was hacked Empty Re: BFG was hacked

Post by luvtoread Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:58 am

This also happened a few years ago  (about 3, maybe).    BF  and some other gaming site was hacked.
    The main problem was for those  (like me)  who used our bank cards for payments as those
    are linked with our accounts.
    My Credit Union immediately deactivated my account  (and other Banks did the same cause that
    weekend there was a lot of us unable to buy games for the weekend sale).

Unfortunately,  its part of this cyber world we live in.

Thanks for the heads up.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:58 pm

Thanks for letting us know, Sable.
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:16 am

Half Flower 

guess MacAfee is not as secure as they thought they were ... hmmm Hmm... 

thanks so much for the heads up  Okay

you and Patches both  Okay Okay 

heart flowers heart flowers heart flowers 

hackers are pathetic showoffs ... whose need for grandstanding outweighs common sense and decency ..,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:02 am