Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun!

Esme
    Esme

Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! Empty Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun!

Post by Esme Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:15 am

My husband and I were watching Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (a fairly lame movie, but still) and I said "Chris Pine looks better with a beard anyway" and he looked at me strangely. I'm generally not a huge fan of facial hair  Old Days and he knows it, but some actors just look better with it than without it. 
     Without:
    Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! B53923e3a119eebafe9876ad38e3dbda
    With:
    Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! 26dd39e3d1accbb06ddff1e4b211a051

Am I right? I think he's perfectly fine without, but add that beard and Yowza!  
    Can you think of any other actors who look better with the beard than without one? 

Basically I'm just curious.  Dunno
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! Empty Re: Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun!

Post by luvtoread Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:20 am

I went blank on this one (usual state for me), so I googled actors with and without beards

Unfortunately, this site thinks mustaches are beards, so that was included.
    So was Abe Lincoln. Snicker

http://www.barnorama.com/celebrities-with-and-without-beards/

I guess it depends on the beard. The pictures in the above link show the actor from
    Napolean Dynamite with a beard. Makes him look more mature.

This article with pics of guys with beards is much better:

http://www.fahv.com/bearded-hollywood-actors-better-with-the-beard-or-better-without/

My ex used to grow a beard around hunting season. It didn't look bad, but it was
    scratchy. I just would not kiss him. It started making his face feel itchy, so he
    would just shave it. Then he would get kissed again (unless he was irritating me!).

Old Days

Esme
    Esme

Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! Empty Re: Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun!

Post by Esme Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:43 am

When my hubs and I were dating, he had a goatee and I thought it was great, but now he's clean-shaven (usually) and it is so much nicer to kiss him. LOL!

Not all actors look better with a beard though. I think George Clooney looks awful with the beard he has right now.  OH!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:54 pm

Case #2

Chris Evans.

Without-
    Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! Evans110

Perfectly cute and adorable, right?
    Add a beard and...

With-
    Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! Evans210

Yes, please!  Big smile
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:10 pm

Weelll----except pic #1 is Wub

I cannot stop looking at those arms.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:24 pm

His arms are fabulous, aren't they?

I really like Chris Evans... seems like a nice guy.

And smokin' hot. Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! Whew_fanning_smiley_zpsf931a6de
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:03 pm

I think the mustaches & beards makes these guys look older.

I had never seen my hubs without a mustache until one day, he shaved it off. Scared the hell outta
    me.
    I told him to grow it back. Laugh

He usually has a beard in the winter, says it helps his face stay warm. Yeah right
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:36 pm

For some, it's better without. 

I give you, Jon Hamm
    Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! Tumblr_lh21ofI8ZZ1qgt9cc

And this is for Luvto

Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! Tumblr_inline_mw8dycjWpA1qai63k
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:12 pm

djrum wrote:I think the mustaches & beards makes these guys look older.

I had never seen my hubs without a mustache until one day, he shaved it off. Scared the hell outta
    me.
    I told him to grow it back. Laugh

He usually has a beard in the winter, says it helps his face stay warm. Yeah right
    My hubs had a mustache/goatee for a long time until one day he just whacked it all off. I did NOT like it at first. He's got a total baby face and he didn't look like HIM. But it's grown on me... and bonus: no more scratchy kisses.

And yeah, I think most of them do look older with the beard. In some cases waayyyyy older.  Old Days
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:08 am

This is fun.  I just wish I knew how to post pictures here.

I would say that Jonathon Frakes - Commander Riker on Star Trek TNG looks much better with the beard.

Tom Mison  - Ichabod Crane on Sleepy Hollow is gorgeous with his beard.

Silas Weir Mitchell - Monroe on Grimm looks pretty good with beard.

My all time favorite cutie Keanu Reeves looks better without the beard.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:17 am

Oh my gosh, I have such a crush on Monroe! Wub And he does look good with his beard!

Tom Mison from Sleepy Hollow is a very handsome man!

I don't know how to post pics here either, sunshinej. I was listening to the wonderfully talented and good-looking musician, Billy Squier, the other day and wanted to post his pic here.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:04 pm

sunshinej wrote:
    I would say that Jonathon Frakes - Commander Riker on Star Trek TNG looks much better with the beard.

Number 1 with a beard = hottnessss!!!  Sunny
    Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! Tumblr_lh5i8fj8xf1qgt9cc
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:09 pm

I wish I could post a picture of Monroe Wub

But, put me on the list of not being knowledgeable enough. I used to be able to
    right click "Copy Image", but that does not work anymore.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:48 pm

All I do is right click the picture, open it in a new tab, then copy the address and paste it in the "Insert an image" clicky-box above on the tool bar. 

Sorry for the technical jargon.  Laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:21 pm

Is this your guy? 

Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! Silas-Weir-Mitchell-Grimm-550x433
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:56 am

Yep, that's him!! Wub
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:23 pm

faints Heart
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:27 am

Also better with a beard?

Kenny Rogers.  OH!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:38 am

Kenny Rogers. OH!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:42 am

Not really an actor, per se, but still better with a beard. At least IMO.  Big smile
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Kenny Rogers -  definitely better with a beard.

Anson Mount, who plays Cullen Bohannon on "Hell on Wheels".....gorgeous with a beard! And those steely gray/blue eyes...I could stare into them all day long! Wub
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:03 pm

OH NO! Cry

I just read "Hell on Wheels" has been cancelled. Cry
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Ladies, I give you: Mark Ruffalo

Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! 463f8c73f7d3c43988223fc215ce7630

I like him scruffy, which is odd, since I don't usually like scruffy. Plus he cleans up really, really well too. And he's smart.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:22 pm

More Chris Pratt and Chris Evans purty-ness with beards... and big hearts. Love these two! 

Everyone Wins When Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Settle Their Super Bowl Bet

Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! Chris-pratt-1024
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:27 pm

One more Chris Evans because I felt that this thread was lonely. 

Actors Who Look Better with Beards- Just for Fun! Tumblr_nc90o72sRt1sb842go1_500

Last edited by Esme on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speeling korekshun)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:14 am