Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

The Rabbi's Retirement Present to Himself

orphaned
    orphaned

The Rabbi's Retirement Present  to Himself Empty The Rabbi's Retirement Present to Himself

Post by orphaned Sat May 31, 2014 7:50 pm

When the Rabbi decided  he would retire , he was faced with a bit of a dilemma .. what to do with the jars and jars of foreskins he had saved over the years for sentimental reasons.

So he took them to his friend that did leather work and explained he wanted something special.

After a few weeks he received the call he had been eagerly awaiting  ... it was done .

When he arrived he was shown the most magnificent wallet ever seen.

But when he heard the price - he was stunned as he had supplied all the materials.

But Rabbi, his friend explained - this is a very special wallet !!

You rub it and it becomes a briefcase !!

one of my dad's favourite jokes.

my mother, god love her , did not get it !! 

that was funnier than the joke to me !!    Snicker

Last edited by orphaned on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Rabbi's Retirement Present  to Himself Empty Re: The Rabbi's Retirement Present to Himself

Post by genkicoll Sat May 31, 2014 7:59 pm

D'oh! D\\'oh!  That is SO bad!  Mahaha~! Laugh

The Rabbi's Retirement Present  to Himself O9fj
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

The Rabbi's Retirement Present  to Himself Empty Re: The Rabbi's Retirement Present to Himself

Post by luvtoread Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:27 am

Oh my.

My first thought  (with the first line).....eeewww....

The rest..... OH!      Laugh 

Your mother not getting it.... Belly laugh
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:58 am

I'm with luvtoread, ew...and then  Snicker
    orphaned
    orphaned

Post by orphaned Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:11 pm

hi all:

as with everything with me .. there is a back story or 2 -  or 12 !! Snicker 

we were at the airport when "the joke" as it became known , was told.

dad was on a roll, telling joke after joke and making comments about all the stuff going on around us .. delays make for great humour if you let them.

when he told the rabbi joke, I was in my twenties, an RN and on active duty .

after dad had delivered the punchline,  I started laughing but - hey, is my dad and all - so  a little restrained at first ..

but looked at mom and she had such an odd look on her face ... was trying to get it but ..

so asked her .. and sure enough - nolo comprendre !!

which started me laughing as she started asking for an explanation.  the more she asked in that pleading style she had >>> the more I laughed. neither dad and I could speak as giggling so much ...

finally said >>> hey, she is your wife and off I went to watch from a distance.

was like watching TV ... to see her understand and get embarrassed and flustered and shocked was priceless and then ... started looking for me ... Oops! 

I should be ashamed of myself for understanding such a naughty joke ... OH!  Laugh  Belly laugh  Snicker  .. really !!!

She was such an innocent about so many things ... but that day ... outshone all the others .

Jewel in my crown of memories .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:11 am