Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Disney's Frozen (2013)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Disney's Frozen (2013) Empty Disney's Frozen (2013)

Post by genkicoll Sat May 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Disney's Frozen <--IMDb link (2013)

We watched this during a long lunch hour at work yesterday.  The only thing I knew about this movie going in is what I saw in this video:

I of course assumed that the girl in the video was the main character, hence I spent much of the movie being confused, because she most definitely is NOT the heroine -- she's really more of an important side-character.

The graphics are pretty, sometimes a bit odd, and oft-times gorgeous.  The actual heroine is an inspiring personality, never letting her circumstances dampen her indomitable spirit.  Naive?  Yes.  Overly eager?  Yes, but understandably so.

The story... Well, there are elements to it that I liked, but overall, I can't say that I liked it.  As a matter of fact, now begins the ranting portion of this post  dirtywords 

DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS MOVIE...

SPOILERS ABOUND!

How badly can they mess this stuff up?  The story is horribly depressing, to start with.  Yeah, there were some cute moments, some funny moments... but my overall feeling was an overwhelming hate.  Well, "hate" is a strong word, but you get my point. Yeah right

Now I REALLY have issue with the video I posted above.  It's gorgeously-done, and the song is great... what bothered me is what happened at about 3.20.  Elsa is a beautiful girl inside and out, and what did they do?  They completely f#&*ed it up and did THAT to her?  I have no issues with the dress, it's lovely, but you can exude confidence and self-assurance without being a sex pot!  rollingpin   Ohh, just thinking about it makes me furious!  This is not a freakin' Britney Spears video, it's a movie that kids are going to be watching!  Little kids! What's with the overly-sexy sashaying of the hips and simmeringly seductive looks?  *insert dirty word here*  dirtywords  They completely changed her personality! 

Next we have Olaf, the goofy living snowman.  Cute?  Yeah, pretty much, but the "goofy" part was so overdone (as compared to the rest of the show) that he seemed incredibly out-of-place.  I mean *completely* out-of-place.  It was MUCH-needed comic relief, but he was just too dumb for words.  It seems to me that Disney was trying to make this movie for the adults, but threw in Olaf to appeal to the kids, and the two elements just did NOT mix well, rather like oil in water.

The fun relationship between Kristoff and his reindeer, Sven, was a lot of fun (although I was going "ewww" more than once,) and one of the few things I enjoyed about the movie.  Likewise with the trolls, they were pretty OK.

Overall, my feeling about Frozen is a strong distaste.  I'm glad I saw it once, but I'll never watch it again.  If I want to relive a scene or two, I'll head over to Youtube.

I'll leave you with this as my final thought:

Disney's Frozen (2013) O9fj
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Disney's Frozen (2013) Empty Re: Disney's Frozen (2013)

Post by luvtoread Sun May 25, 2014 4:05 am

Try being a school bus driver who has to listen to "Let It Go!!"   and not much other
    of the lyrics!!    La la la! 

I'll be honest.  My daughter has the movie,  I only half paid attention to it,  was playing
    a game.  I had a few laughs from it.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun May 25, 2014 7:19 am

All I'm saying is that Hugh Jackman is a Broadway guy at heart and he'd be down with that, no doubt in my mind.  Belly laugh
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:03 am

This parody makes me glad that I saw Frozen Elk grin

Disney's Frozen (2013) O9fj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 2:43 pm