Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Punished Talents: Seven Muses

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Punished Talents: Seven Muses Empty Punished Talents: Seven Muses

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:05 am

Punished Talents: Seven Muses
    by Blam! Games - November, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Punished Talents: Seven Muses Punished-talents-seven-muses-ce_feature

Life imitates art with deadly results in Punished Talents: Seven Muses! Several of your close friends have been murdered in Boston recently, and the crimes are identical to ones described in books written by author Russell Pollack, your husband. Evidence found at the crime scenes only condemns Russell further, and soon he goes on the lam. It’s up to you to figure out who the real killer is before even more people – including you – end up dead. Find clues and explore the gorgeous world of 1930s Boston as you set out to save your friends and prove Russell’s innocence in this thrilling whodunit!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• A bonus game that takes you to the streets of Chicago
    • Beautiful wallpapers, screensavers, and concept art
    • Music tracks
    • An available Strategy Guide

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Punished Talents: Seven Muses Th_screen1_Punished Talents: Seven Muses Th_screen2_Punished Talents: Seven Muses Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Punished Talents: Seven Muses Empty Re: Punished Talents: Seven Muses

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:08 am

Refreshing
    Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    Well, I certainly wasn’t expecting this! The initial intro to the main menu is classy but low key. Nothing prepares you for the sudden actions in the opening video of the game itself. Best news is: this is a genuinely new story! And the telling of this intriguing tale combines with such a refreshing array of new and imaginative puzzles and mini-games, that it doesn’t matter that the HOPs are fairly standard, because you are already hooked.

SO WHAT IS HAPPENING?
    Your husband, a writer, is framed for the spectacular murders of several of your friends. At least, you hope it’s a frame! You save your American friend, who is a detective, from a similar fate, and with his help you set out to prove your husband’s innocence. It seems someone is killing off Boston’s artists and intellectuals, using your husband’s books to guide him. First task is to save a sculptor has been attacked and is in immediate danger of suffocation.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    The graphics are great. Not the best out there, but a more than respectable effort. I enjoyed the demo, talking a walking tour, so to speak, through the environment of the game. It is pleasant and interesting rather than beautiful. The music was very low, the voices were excellent, and you get a full range of options for sound adjustment.

GAMEPLAY
    This game is not outrageous or daring; its gameplay is fairly standard, except, as I said earlier, the puzzles are new. I liked the different approach taken in designing them. I can’t explain what that is, except that the entire atmosphere of the game “feels” different. The puzzles are neither too hard nor too easy, and outnumber the HOPs, but not overwhelmingly.

The fun part starts with the options to tailor your level of difficulty. 3 modes, plus a custom mode and a separate interactive (jump) map option. You have a bunch of things to help your investigation. An evidence board. A well put together Journal, where you can replay the videos. A magnifying glass to detect the 40 collectible fingerprints.

Unbelievably, I got so engrossed in playing that I forgot to check what kind of hint system operates outside the HOPs.

CE BLING!
    Now this looks interesting. The essentials are there, SG, bonus chapter, gallery items. Plus a couple of extras we won’t see until we finish the game. There is Russell’s book (that’s hubby), and a segment called “Microscope” about which I have not a clue. As well as the collectible fingerprints there are 25 teapots, and some other ‘hidden items’ not revealed in the demo (which I was still a long way from completing when time ran out). And, of course, achievements.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    This game looks like a winner to me. Maybe not a world beater, but not an also-ran either.

I Recommend This Game!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:28 am

Is this a BF game?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:01 am

No it is Blam! btw, they are in big fish forums now

Sponsored content