Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park Empty Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park

Post by genkicoll Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:59 am

Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park
    by Suricate Software (?) - October, 2013

Series links: Tales of Lagoona: Orphans of the Ocean, Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park Tales-of-lagoona-2-peril-at-poseidon-park_feature

Welcome back to the undersea world of Lagoona! Poseidon Park is in trouble. Mayor Peabody has shut it down until repairs are made, and Leona is desperate to save her grandparent's park. Join a quirky cast of characters as you set out on another Hidden Object journey in Lagoona! Take quests from the townsfolk, solve over 160 puzzles, and discover fascinating secrets of the seas, as you explore beautiful Poseidon Park.

• Gorgeous HD visuals!
    • All new quest system!
    • Collect food to feed your sea ponies

Click images to enlarge
    Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park Th_screen1_Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park Th_screen2_Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park Empty Re: Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:07 am

Worth Taking Your Time Over
    Sunny Sunny SunnySunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

Beautiful underwater locations and schools of fishy characters. Colourful HOPs packed with collectibles. A delightful adventure park to restore. Quests for certain items. Sea ponies to feed. This game has a wonder all its own. This is strictly a HO game, with puzzles a part of the HOP scene and no adventure component, just enough tasks to juggle to keep an octopus busy!

The world of Lagoona is a gorgeous underwater location teeming with interesting life and colour. In the first Lagoona, we raised funds to save an orphanage, this time it is an amusement park. Collecting abandoned items and selling them through a shop, we earn the coins needed buy repairs and renovations for the park.

The graphics are cartoon, very good, and imaginative. The HOP scenes are clear, and everywhere is bright and cheerful. The music is just plain lovely. The voiceovers are fabulous! But it is the variety of gameplay that makes this game something truly special.

HOPs (Hidden Object Puzzles)
    These are complex. There are items listed by word, some by silhouette, some by riddle. There are even some fragmented objects. All this in each HOP scene. There are also collectibles. Gems grant you access to the in-scene puzzle, a way of acquiring more objects for sale. There are also rainbow fish, which will find one item for you, and all kinds of food for your Sea Ponies. You must feed them regularly or they become sick and malnourished.

THE SHOP
    Once we have gathered the items located in a specific location, we put them into the shop for sale. We do this by placing geometric shapes representing each object into the grid opposite. Presumably, you could find yourself with insufficient space if they are not placed efficiently, but I never experienced that.

I could not figure out how the items are first, priced (on the speed of discovery maybe?), or second, actually sold. I do know that a quest item may bring in a much higher figure than normal.

BONUSES
    Achievements, and a statistics page listing exactly your status on everything. Number of objects found, number of collectibles found, puzzles completed, etc.

A bonus challenge game (by which I guess they mean a timed variety of HOPs) that can only be unlocked by completing all the locations in the game.

There is also a long list of Gallery Items, all wonderful, and a delightful surprise waiting for you there. Note, you don’t have to (and in fact, shouldn’t) wait till the game’s completion to view and use these items. I used them in the demo!

I Recommend This Game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park Empty Re: Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park

Post by genkicoll Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:48 pm

Coincidentally, my eldest has been playing this one lately, and it looks like a lot of fun!  It seems like it's part SIM, with a primary HO element to it.  Thanks for the review!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:30 pm