Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Knock-knock

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Knock-knock Empty Knock-knock

Post by genkicoll Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:16 am

Knock-knock
    by Ice-pick Lodge - October, 2013

Available at:
    Official Site
    GamersGate
    GOG
    Steam

Knock-knock Header_292x136

There is an unusual cabin deep in the woods. It had served as a laboratory and a dwelling for three generations of Lodgers.

But as of late the latest Lodger has been noticing weird changes in familiar surroundings; things are missing, noises and rattle heard. Something odd is coming out of the woods. Come night, it seems like someone's made himself at home in the twilight of rooms, attics, and cellars.
    You need to stay awake and sane till dawn.

The Lodger is wandering the rooms, evading the unknown, counting minutes till morning. But it's only in the night that he can solve the main puzzle and find the answers. What's going on? Are the Guests real, ot are they just figments of his insomniac imagination? What'd happened to the forest? What's happening to the cabin? Is there a line between reality and imagination?

• Hide! Play hide-and-seek with denziens of your nightmares.
    • Don't look now! The goal of each night is to reach dawn while still sane.
    • Fill in the gaps. The house aids the Lodger. You only have to fix it up and keep it in order.
    • Seek. The Lodger has lost something very important. The reason for what is happening is somewhere inside. Everything that is happening can be explained, you only need to find the key and bring it to light.
    • Wait. In this game you need to watch and listen carefully. Inspect and scrutinize. You only have to last until the sunrise.
    • Follow the rules of the game! Of course you must first understand the game being played with you.
    • Gamefaq Game Info

Knock-knock Ss_2c7a9e2342ff541cb0fcaf31b7607011730eef8e.600x338
    Knock-knock Ss_34a76df2517d966b91bb5f07063ad1062489e765.600x338
    Knock-knock Ss_7c35f48a8e458be4221219bb841d4e0ef42f51b1.600x338

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Knock-knock Empty Re: Knock-knock

Post by genkicoll Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:19 am

This looks like a quirky, creepy-fun game to play, especially this time of year.

I noticed that it the interface and audio are fully English compatible, but it looks like the subtitles aren't available in English.

Currently on sale at Steam for 15% off at $8.49.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Genki this looks cool; I don't buy Steam games any more but you must let us know what it's like if you play it!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:00 pm

I'll be waiting on this one, RM, probably until it's on sale next year for next to nothing.

Yes I like to support the developers, and do so whenever possible, but I'm also thrifty... and thrifty comes first! Laugh
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:45 pm

Knock-Knock now available at GOG for $7.99 (20% off).
    This does look like a fun Halloween game that DH would maybe join me playing. He and I are playing Scratches together, but as predicted it's v-e-r-y slow since we only play on the weekend and even then maybe for a couple of hours or so. Still, we're getting somewhere...

ETA - Uh oh I am reading some reviews of Knock-Knock which paint it as really terrifying and anxiety-producing because of all the monsters you have to escape. I'm not into endlessly escaping monsters, so I wonder if this would be as fun as I was hoping. OH!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:29 am

Read (watched?) an online review which, again, dampened my interest in this game... but I'm still intrigued! Though I think I can wait for an awesome GOG sale in the future and get it for next to nothing like you suggested, Genki. Wink
    vervaine
    vervaine

Post by vervaine Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:49 pm

I've watched a good portion of the game on YT and it looks like a really great game to slowly take in and enjoy. Monsters move slowly and you're going to see them easily as long as you don't have very dark monitor. Your character is always in the center of the screen and he's carrying a candle, but edges are merely dark, not pitch black.
    The creepiness comes from the story, which seems really weird and interesting. The game encourages you to explore the house and learn more of the story, even delaying the safety of ending the level in order to get more information. The guy I was watching was rushing through it, but I imagine it would be a very engrossing game for those who'd want to spend more time with it.

I put it on my wishlist. I think I can play it (and I hate running from monsters!).

Note that the game doesn't have gore and overly gross things Shock  Just some rare disturbing images (no idea about the end though).

Edit: that last screen in first post is very dark. The video I was watching was much brighter.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Nice!  Thanks so much for the info, Vervaine!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:16 pm