Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder Empty Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:33 am

Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder
    by THQ - June, 2012

Available at:
    Big Fish

Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder Eastville-chronicles-the-drama-queen-murder_feature

Solve a murder mystery in Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder! The Eastville Opera House is the hub of high society and tonight, the curtains will draw for the last time on Dolores Molinero, the Queen of Drama. As the new crime investigator it’s your job to unravel this tale of love, passion and intrigue to unmask the murderer. Interrogate suspects, search for clues and find the culprit in this immersive hidden object puzzle adventure game!

• Incredible graphics
    • Interrogate five key suspects
    • Discover just who the Scaramouch was

Click images to enlarge
    Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder Th_screen1_Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder Th_screen2_Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder Empty Re: Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:38 am

HO Gamers, Don’t Be Put Off  
    Sunny Sunny Sunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Thought I’d get this in before the start of the day elsewhere... because this really is a much underestimated game, well worth the cost of today’s DAILY DEAL.

It is MOSTLY a HO game, there are heaps of them, and they are all STATIC SCENES with NON-INTERACTIVE LISTS, and a few MULTIPLES OF. We visit each only once. There are plenty of PUZZLES too. These are generally straightforward, although I’ve had to skip a few. The thing that makes this game seem PRIMITIVE is the lack of any real ADVENTURE GAMEPLAY. I know that won’t bother MOST HO GAMERS.

Other reviewers have complained about the GRAPHICS, but I found them SURPRISINGLY GOOD photo-realistic “copy and paste” style (Usually an automatic turn off for me, but they look good in this game). There is plenty of colour and variety. They are geared to widescreen, so no distortion. The other most popular beef is the large amount of NON-VOICED WRITTEN DIALOGUE. Yup, there’s an awful lot of it, but it gives us our only handle on the progress of the investigation, and keeps the STORY in our mind. Necessary, because there is no journal. And it’s SKIPPABLE.

A couple of the things I liked are:

The way each chapter begins with a SHADOW PLAY of the latest drama in the case, with side panels as the curtains, and film grain on the screen.

The interesting RELATIONSHIPS and CHARACTERS in the investigation, and the intelligent questions asked by the investigator.

The different SOUNDS for items found in the HOS. Not always the same tone. And the MUSIC in general.

My SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENT would be a JOURNAL to record the details on suspects, etc.

Not for everyone, it is a GOOD whodunit, and an EASY & ENTERTAINING game.

I recommend this game!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder Empty Re: Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:33 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:Thought I’d get this in before the start of the day elsewhere... because this really is a much underestimated game, well worth the cost of today’s DAILY DEAL.
    Am I missing something? Looks like the DD at Big Fish is Vegas Penny Slots..?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:26 pm

I'm guessing that the day she wrote the original review, this WAS the daily deal!

Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder O9fj
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:39 pm

Oh, right. It was copied over from a posting on Big Fish. I got it now. Smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Oooops! Sorry guys.

Yes, I'm just playing catch up, adding my past reviews as well as new ones. Not from Big Fish, from my own records. But I don't read them properly (obviously!)

Cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:09 am