Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Into the Haze

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Into the Haze Empty Into the Haze

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:04 am

Into the Haze
    by Alawar Entertainment - September, 2013

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Into the Haze Into-the-haze_feature

Rescue a young girl from the clutches of an ancient demon in Into the Haze! Guide your character through the mist of a hair-raising supernatural adventure, where she'll encounter an ancient fog demon summoned by her sister-in-law in a magic ritual gone wrong. Race to rescue the heroine's daughter, Emily, before the demon claims her prize. Your powers of observation will need to be keen as you search for hidden objects, and your puzzle-solving skills will need to be at their best as you crack dozens of brain-bending enigmas and complete mini-games unlike any you have played.

• Explore the twisty, misty, and spooky grounds of the estate and the nearby city.
    • Speak to coldly chilling characters - are they your allies or your enemies?
    • Solve clever puzzles, brain-bending enigmas, and mini-games unlike any you've played before.
    • Use the learn-as-you-play tutorial and the unlimited hints and tips to help you get a handle on the fog demon.

Click images to enlarge

Into the Haze Th_screen1_Into the Haze Th_screen2_Into the Haze Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Into the Haze Empty Re: Into the Haze

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:06 am

Nice Little HOGlet    
    Sunny Sunny Sunny 

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    There is a no-nonsense attitude to this game. The intro consists of developer credits, then it is straight to the main menu. You get a little information on the story, then you are into your first HO scene.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    The graphics are okay. Nothing flashy or exciting, but clear and detailed and well lit. However, there is not much animation anywhere in the game. There are 30 locations, and you soon find yourself collecting inventory all over the place – unfortunately I didn’t think to count how many were in the demo, but quite a few. I think you can bet on this being a fairly short game.

There is very little in the way of cut scenes, and less still of dialogue. Opening remarks are dubbed, but from there on mostly no voiceovers. The voices are reasonably believable. Music is nice but forgettable, ambient sounds are okay.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    Unlike the blurb’s assertion, it is your niece, not your daughter, that you set out to rescue. They got the evil (?) sister-in-law right. Not that it really matters, because the story is sketchy at best. You really don’t have the feeling of being involved in a specific quest at all. It is the game’s weakest aspect.

MAKING PROGRESS
    As I said, this is a nice little HOG. There are puzzles & mini-games (12 according to the demo ending remarks), but what I saw of them were all very very simple and familiar. Which is not to say they weren’t fun. The HO scenes (10 only, but felt like more because you visit them twice) were very nicely done. the hidden objects were clearly visible, and a decent size. The lists were not interactive.

Adventure gameplay was very simple and kept up a steady pace. However, there was no map, the journal only gave you a summary of story after the event. There is a directional hint, which is enough. Two difficulty levels, but just different times for hint and skip.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    Well, for a stand-alone SE, this is pretty good. I would definitely be buying it. For light entertainment, or for beginners on the adventure or puzzle side of things, this game is a must. Just a very pleasant experience.

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 am