Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

5 posters

Casual Companies Looking for Beta-testers

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Casual Companies Looking for Beta-testers Empty Casual Companies Looking for Beta-testers

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:40 am

Sign up to beta test at these developer sites.  Alphabetized, of course Elk grin

Absolutist
    Makers of the Campfire Legends series, City of Fools, and more!

Alawar
    Makers of MANY fabulous games!

Artifex Mundi
    Makers of Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden, the Time Mysteries series and many more!

Awem
    Makers of the Golden Trails series and more!

Boomzap
    Makers of Awakening, Otherworld, and Dana Knightstone series + many more!  Sign up for their newsletter to get beta invites.

Codeminion
    Makers of Ancient Quest of Saqqarah and the original Phantasmat!

Crunching Koalas
    The team that was Codeminion split up and some now reside at CK (I think...)

Divo Games
    Makers of Jack of All Tribes Heart  Most active testers get the game for free.

GameDevo
    Makers of Malice: Two Sisters.  Any game you test you will get for free.

iWin
    Makers of Coconut Queen, Jojo's Fashion Show series, and Jewel Quest series + more.

MagicIndie
    Makers of the Brink of Consciousness Heart  series, Nearwood, and more!

Realore
    Fabulous builders!  No sign-up necessary!  Anyone who creates a Realore account can beta test!  To be notified, sign up for the newsletter by looking for the "Follow Us" box on the right-hand side of the page, then click on the envelope to give your e-mail address.

Seven Sails
    Makers of the Sultan's Labyrinth and Abra Academy series.  Follow the instructions in green.

Specialbit
    Makers of the Haunted Hotel series and more.

Subsoap
    Makers of Faerie Solitaire.  Sign up to beta test via Steam.

Two Desperados
    Makers of the Dreamatorium games and Evil Pumpkin

This is all I can think of right offhand!  If you have any additions, please post, and I'll add 'em!

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:55 am; edited 4 times in total

Casual Companies Looking for Beta-testers O9fj
    djrum
    djrum

Casual Companies Looking for Beta-testers Empty Re: Casual Companies Looking for Beta-testers

Post by djrum Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Seriously, Genki, you are the best! Hug 

I love the fact we can say a specific developer's name here, too.

On one hand, I can understand BFG not wanting us to mention another portal's name, that's like free advertisement for the other company.
    But, I also think each and every developer should get the recognition they deserve.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Casual Companies Looking for Beta-testers Empty Re: Casual Companies Looking for Beta-testers

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Wow!!! That's fabulous! Thank you genki, will get onto that tomorrow for sure! I agree with djrum, it is a shame that we can't quote rivals names, but I think if bfg is going to censor those out, I think all developers names should be edited out.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:03 pm

4am here, think I should try some sleep now G\'night! 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Hope you sleep/slept well, Justie!

I've expanded the list with as many companies as I could think of!

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:05 am

Thanks for all those names, genki, I really appreciate the chance to test the new games. All signed up for them but technical hassles (no confirming email - yes I've checked spam and trash - for Alawar, and Artifex Mundi - two of the best of course Yeah right )

What happens with Big and its partners like ers and elephant? I know I'm supposed to get offers as a bfg member, but I don't.

I may be a prolific writer of reviews but I really am such a newbie in the gaming community! I am so glad of your help.

Charlotte
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:00 am

Big Fish, ERS, and Elephant don't have beta programs that you can sign up for (not that I found, at least!)  Supposedly being a game club member at BF gives you a better chance of receiving a beta from them, but it's really random.  I received three betas in a row last year, and nothing since.

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:55 am

Added to the list courtesy of JustTheFacts:  Sunny

Two Desperados

volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:30 am

Thanks Genki.  I am already signed up with several of those sites but rarely get games.  Like you, they seem to come in spurts and then nothing for awhile.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:32 am

I never got anything from anybody, but after signing up with the ones genki's listed, I've had a steady stream, not just from the developers, but from Big Fish as well. And of course, now, I purloin the links to as many of them as I can get at lol  Evil Grin 
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:39 am

Wow, brilliant list.  Thanks Genki   Big smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:01 am