Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak

genkicoll
    genkicoll

peak - Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Empty Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak

Post by genkicoll Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:16 am

Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak
    by Vast Studios - July, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Stamdard Edition

peak - Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Strange-discoveries-aurora-park-ce_feature

Uncover the secrets of a picturesque mountain resort in Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak! The town of Aurora Peak was a wonderful place when you were growing up – the locals were friendly, and the mountain was peaceful and inviting. Things have changed since you were kid. When you come back to town years later, you see that an ominous cloud hangs over the mountain, and plants and animals in the area have started to… change. It seems to be natural phenomenon connected to some strange local crystals. But the devious plot you start to uncover could endanger the entire world! Discover the truth behind Aurora Peak’s deadly secret in this thrilling Hidden Object Adventure game!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• A bonus game where you must make Aurora Peak safe for good!
    • Gorgeous wallpapers and concept art
    • Downloadable music tracks
    • An integrated Strategy Guide

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    peak - Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Th_screen1_peak - Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Th_screen2_peak - Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

peak - Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Empty Re: Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Visually Delightful!
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED CE GAME

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    When I first reviewed the CE demo, I was bowled over by this game’s beauty and ingenuity. Having now completed the main game, I am less enthusiastic. The game is still beautiful, but the treatment of the story is superficial, the puzzles are pretty standard, and the game seemed awfully short, although I can’t give you a time. There just didn’t seem to be much substance to this one.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    I do still love the scenery in this game more than anything else. It’s not that these are the best graphics around, they’re not. But they depict an overgrown jungle of such vibrancy and life, by including so much colour and animation in each scene, that it’s hard not to just sit and stare. The music is likewise superb, and the background noises are worth listening to on their own.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    Our brother has returned to our grandfather’s resort in Aurora Peak after many years’ absence. But he finds the place changed in drastic and inexplicable ways. He thinks the changes have to do with the eruption of strange crystals in the area, and asks you, the geologist in the family, to come and investigate. In a nice twist on the usual, our helicopter is downed by a strange force (instead of the usual car). Then your brother disappears, and there is a scientist behaving mysteriously.

MAKING PROGRESS
    Another plus with this game is the variety of HO scenes. There are interactive lists, multiples, silhouettes, misplaced items, and find-and-use (progressive) silhouettes. The puzzles were all pretty easy, some original, some familiar. The map is interactive jump map, you also have an objective list. Hint outside HOs is directional and quick to refill. But the gameplay is pretty obvious and I didn’t need it much.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    So. Beautiful game, but superficial in its story and perhaps a bit too easy in its gameplay. Not that I don’t think it’s a good game, it’s just not a great game.

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:49 pm