Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown Empty Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown

Post by genkicoll Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:44 am

Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown
    by Playrix - June, 2013

Series links:  Royal Envoy 1, Royal Envoy 2, Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown, Royal Envoy 3

Available at:
    Playrix as Collector's Edition /
    Alawar as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse as Platinum Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown Royal-envoy-campaign-for-the-crown-ce_feature

Breaking news! The monarchy is at risk! Someone wearing a black cloak broke into the royal palace. The stranger was fearful and grim, and challenged the King's right to the throne. He accused the King of being unable to manage the kingdom, and demanded to be elected King himself! Help the King win the elections and defend the truth and justice in the kingdom.

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• 30 bonus levels!
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Beautiful wallpapers
    • Original soundtrack

Click images to enlarge

Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown Th_screen1_Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown Th_screen2_Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 13 times in total

Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown O9fj

Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown Empty Re: Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:10 am

Have you played it? Have you heard anything about the reported "pop-up ads" during game play, even after purchase? Someone on BFG was saying they bought it (from Playrix) and it has pop-ups every few levels. The same person posted that to Playrix' Facebook, but no one else is saying it.
    I find that hard to believe.
    I asked Playrix and no one got back to me.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown Empty Re: Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown

Post by genkicoll Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:53 am

I won't be buying until they put the CE on sale (as they have been doing lately -- right before they release the game at the portals.)

I have not seen anyone else complain about it, not even at Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown 6733185969_be0a859646_m!

Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown O9fj

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:48 pm

genkicoll wrote:I won't be buying until they put the CE on sale (as they have been doing lately -- right before they release the game at the portals.)

I have not seen anyone else complain about it, not even at Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown 6733185969_be0a859646_m!

That's when I buy my Playrix games too! And they are usually the CE versions!
    Maybe that one player has a strange glitch. I never had ads in any game ever (not even demos) except the free ones that have sponsor ads in them.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:27 am

Another Fun & Giggles Royal Envoy

Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny 
    BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    I sometimes wonder if I should give up my obsession with HOPAs and transfer my allegiance to wonderful builder games like the Royal Envoy series. This addition is hugely fun, for all the reasons the other two were such hits.

I love having my name included in the royal command to ‘fix it’. I love the overacted voiceover and the whimsical cartoons. The art continues to be of a high standard, and the music is ‘jolly’.

Most of all I love that I can play this game without having to manage within a time limit, or I wouldn’t be able to play at all!

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    A pretender to the throne has demanded an election to see who should be king.  The king requires us to conduct a political campaign to ensure he wins the election. The ‘bad guy’ is going around taxing and destroying, all in the name of the king, so you will have to rebuild towns etc. to prove your king’s integrity.

We are ordered to take Cedric along with us, which is handy, because he has (of course) just finished a training course on political campaigning. *ironic smile*.

MAKING PROGRESS
    The game play is almost a replica of the earlier games, including many of the locations. The big difference is that earnings from our buildings can now be gathered in by a simple sweep of the cursor. No more clicking.

The chapter end summary is not detailed, as the first one was. There are again the usual achievements and trophies.

It’s been quite a while since I played the others, so I’m sure to have missed something, but these and the differences I picked up from the demo.

BLING!
    This is a CE, so of course we must have some extras. There is a walkthrough, which at first I thought was pretty silly, there are so many ways of beating the levels. But in fact it gives really good and relevant tips. There are wallpapers and an animated screensaver. And there are “The King’s Challenges” I don’t know what they are because they are unlocked only when you’ve finished the game.

For only the second time since I joined Big Fish, a non-HOPA goes on my “must-have” list. Can’t wait to get totally immersed!

I recommend this game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:39 am