Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Esme
    Esme

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Empty The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Post by Esme Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:59 am

Hi Everybody!

I just finished a great book that I want to share with you all. I'm going to snitch the basic description right from the author's page http://erinmorgenstern.com/the-night-circus/.  

"The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night.

But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands.

True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus performers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead."

I must say, I was truly captivated by this book. It had all the right qualifications for me: magic, mystery, incredible images, competition, non-sappy romance and just so many imaginative plot points... I was, to use a bad pun, enchanted. 

This book left me with truly vivid images in my mind every time I'd have to put the book down and go deal with my real life. I wanted to visit the circus. Wanted to see the tents and experience the magic. It's been a while since a book really captivated me, and I truly enjoyed this one. It is a treat for all the senses. Fantasy and mystery fans could do much worse than spending a few hours under the spell of this novel!

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern The%2BNight%2BCircus%2BUK
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Empty Re: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Post by genkicoll Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:34 am

That sounds awesome, Esme!  I have two series I need to catch up on at the moment, but in the meantime I'll keep an eye out for this book~!

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern O9fj
    Esme
    Esme

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Empty Re: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Post by Esme Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:37 am

Ooooh! I hope you do give it a try. I really liked it a lot. I also thought it would make a really cool D&E game. Laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:32 am