Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

House of 1000 Doors 3: Serpent Flame

genkicoll
    genkicoll

House of 1000 Doors 3: Serpent Flame Empty House of 1000 Doors 3: Serpent Flame

Post by genkicoll Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:57 am

House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame
    by Alawar Five-BN

Series links: House of 1000 Doors 1: Family Secrets, House of 1000 Doors 2: The Palm of Zoroaster, House of 1000 Doors 3: Serpent Flame, House of 1000 Doors 4: Evil Inside

Available at:
    Alawar as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

House of 1000 Doors 3: Serpent Flame House-of-1000-doors-serpent-flame-ce_feature

Return to the House of 1,000 Doors to save mankind from annihilation! Giant snakes have burst out of the Earth and are wreaking destruction across every continent. Your mission: travel back in time to four different epochs to gather the elements needed to activate a machine that can destroy the ancient beasts!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Thrilling bonus chapter
    • Desktop wallpapers
    • Concept art
    • Integrated Strategy Guide

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    House of 1000 Doors 3: Serpent Flame Th_screen1 House of 1000 Doors 3: Serpent Flame Th_screen2House of 1000 Doors 3: Serpent Flame Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

House of 1000 Doors 3: Serpent Flame Empty Re: House of 1000 Doors 3: Serpent Flame

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:52 am

The Threat Is Global, Are We Ready To Face It?

Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny 

BASED ON DEMO

Each new 1000 Doors game increases the scope of our activities, and now we are ready to SAVE THE WORLD - with the HELP of at least one ALIEN and a little TIME TRAVEL.

There are GIANT SERPENTS attacking all over the world, and the inhabitants of the House are the only ones who are safe. You were rescued by a stranger and brought to the House, where he immediately collapsed unconscious. It will be interesting to uncover his story!

The GAME STRUCTURE and mechanics are the SAME as the previous 1000 Doors games. You must resolve dilemmas in four different realms. In this case, four different eras in time. The first is Central America in the time of the CONQUISTADORS, where you'll meet another very interesting character.

Young Sammy from the first game uses his genius for things mechanical to furnish you with the special keys needed for the time portal. And Gabriel is also with us, being his usual helpful self, reading in the garden – in the rain.

The graphics are excellent, but I’m not going to rave about them, because they are no more than we’ve come to expect from any decent game, particularly a CE. INTRO and CUT SCENES are GOOD, not great. The AMBIENT sounds are very good, MUSIC forgettable. VOICEOVERS for the most part are WELL DONE.

GAMEPLAY is a GOOD BALANCE between adventure, puzzles and HO scenes. HO SCENES of 2 types – INTERACTIVE LIST & MISPLACED ITEMS. Clear, crisp, attractive visuals. The interactions are logical.

The PUZZLES so far have been reasonably straightforward. I skipped one because I got frustrated with it. Used the SG once, when the INTERACTIVE JUMP MAP wasn’t enough for me to understand what to do next, and HINT refers you to the MAP, unless there’s something to do in the current scene.
    One thing I gotta say, I am sick of FLOATING ISLANDS!

This is a nice solid game. Bound to entertain anyone who plays it, it is not necessarily going to rock the world.

BONUS CONTENT
    Standard Issue stuff: Bonus Chapter, Gallery – incl. Cut-Scenes, Music, Strategy Guide.

Also 20 MINI-GAMES to replay, and 4 PUZZLES. (What is the difference anyway? I never know)

I LOVE the story so far and am a FAN of the SERIES, but I’ll wait for the SE.

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:16 pm