Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Site Changes

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Site Changes Empty Site Changes

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:40 pm

I'm thinking the 'Expired Promos and Offers' section is kind of unnecessary -- does anyone actually even care? I think that it's pretty obvious when a promo has ended when I have a "through xx-date" description for the topic title.

So, I'm thinking of deleting the Expired Promos and Offers section entirely, and merging a few of the Sales, Special Offers and Other Portal News sections (such as Alawar and Iwin, GameHouse and Zylom) to make the forum a bit more "streamlined" as it were Silly face

What say you, members mine? What would YOU like to see (or not see!) for the forum?

Site Changes O9fj
    Sable
    Sable

Site Changes Empty Re: Site Changes

Post by Sable Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:56 am

Every day I check the "View posts since last visit," so anything that streamlines the forum seems fine to me.

As usual, I have no ideas of what I want (or don't want) to see in the forum, I just want it to continue. I've found some great new games by visiting here, thanks to you.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Well, having only been a member for a few days, I hardly feel I have a right to answer. But, I have been just looking on the right to see what's new.
    It makes sense to me to delete the expired section, since they are expired, and if we see it we will feel sorry we missed it! Plus, if we remember an offer, and it isn't there any more, we can pretty much guess it's expired!
    BTW, I got Dreamscapes: The Sandman, for $4.99 (thanks for the heads-up on BFG) and am enjoying it!
    volnole68
    volnole68

Post by volnole68 Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:01 pm

I never check that thread so I am fine with it being eliminated unless it is helpful to others. I always just check the dates posted in the original thread. Maybe there is some way you can mark the original thread as a reminder or something. You can tell I don't know how any of this works!! LOL
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:53 am

OK, so here is what I've decided:

I've completely deleted the Expired Promos section, and will just close any topics in the respective Portal sections to show that the offers have expired. I'll "clean up" by deleting these closed topics when there get to be too many cluttering up each section.

I've also added a Playrix Entertainment section to the Portals area since there have been so many good deals coming from them lately.

As always, if you have any requests or ideas for the forum, this is the place to do it! Sunny

Site Changes O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:25 am

I'm planning a small change on my updates.  Currently, when the Mac version of a game is immediately available, I've been adding that information to the game threads.  Besides that I've not tracked the Mac releases for quite some time.

Instead of having something that looks like this:

Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

I will do this, instead:

Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

which will have links to the PC versions only.

If there's a Mac version available, you will still be able to find it on Big Fish's game page -- just scroll down, and you'll see the link on the bottom right of the page, under the screenshots.

If you want me to continue as I've been doing, please say so.  This section of the forum is now open for guests to post in, so you don't have to register for your voice to be heard.  If there's anyone who counts on my information here to show them if the Mac version is immediately available, SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE! Silly face

Site Changes O9fj
    Just me

Site Changes Empty It makes sense

Post by Just me Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:28 pm

My only question is have you had much call for Mac games or is this a way to expand the blog for more people? You already do a lot here, how much more does this add to your day?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 3:06 pm