Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Inbetween Land (FROG)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Inbetween Land (FROG) Empty Inbetween Land (FROG)

Post by genkicoll Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:39 pm

Inbetween Land
    by Special Games, LLP

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC
    GameHouse
    Steam

Inbetween Land (FROG) Inbetween-land_feature
    Discover a world of adventure in Inbetween Land! When your childhood friend, Mary, goes missing for a couple of days, you begin searching  for clues. You come across a strange artifact that opens a portal to a flying island, the abandoned homeplace of an extraterrestrial civilization. As you look for Mary on the island, you'll uncover an exotic land with unearthly secrets. Find and help your friend leave the flying island in this amazing Hidden Object Puzzle
    Adventure game!

• Beautiful graphics
    • Immersive gameplay
    • Find and save your friend!

Click images to enlarge
    Inbetween Land (FROG) Th_screen1 Inbetween Land (FROG) Th_screen2 Inbetween Land (FROG) Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Inbetween Land (FROG) O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Inbetween Land (FROG) Empty Re: Inbetween Land (FROG)

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:38 pm

Inbetween Land (FROG)

Options include  separate sliders for Music and Sound, Full-screen (just adds a background to the square of graphics we see - definitely not made with modern monitors in mind), and custom/system cursor.

There are three game modes to choose from: Casual, Normal and Expert.

This title is a FRagmented Object Game, but an adventure-lite at heart.  It's short, relaxing and straightforward, with very little backtracking, and not a lot of elements to keep track of.

The cutscenes are done in graphic novel style, and the voice-overs are nicely-done.

We have 27 achievements (both in-game and Steam), and they are easily-gained.  The only ones you'll need to work towards are not using any hints or skips... Which is why I chose Expert mode (so I wouldn't be tempted!)  There is one achievement for liking them on Facebook, but all you have to do is click the LIKE button in-game - you don't actually need a FB account to get the achievement.

Besides available hints and skips, there is also a button on the left which will - when selected - show you active areas in the room.  Using this will NOT affect your achievements, so use it whenever you wish~

The FROG scenes themselves were interactive and fun to do.  I found myself wishing that there had been more of them, despite the fact that I generally don't enjoy fragmented object scenes.

Despite the simplicity of the gameplay and general lack of length, I enjoyed the time spent Inbetween Land.  Recommended for those looking for something short and relaxing-to-play.

Inbetween Land (FROG) O9fj

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:40 am