Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Collecting!

bribling

Collecting! Empty Collecting!

Post by bribling Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:12 am

Some Glitch Inventory items are Collectible. These include Alpha and Beta players' Gifts from Tiny Speck. The Gift items are rare having been given on one date to a limited group of individuals. Alpha Gifts include the Christmas Yeti (DEC 2010). The Collectible "Great Philosopher Dolls" were released during Alpha. At the end of the original Beta test "El Senor Funpickle" was a Tiny Speck Gift to the Beta players. The Bonus to the Funpickle is that it will eventually give you the very rare "Goodnight Groddle" musicblock. You may sometimes find these rare items in the Auctions and if you have saved and pinched your Currants you might be able to purchase one. The Philosopher Dolls are occasionally offered by The Rube for trade. That originated as the "Rube Bug" and was "fixed" however, Rube still occasionally offers these dolls.

Now, in March 2012, we have two exclusive items. One of them, the "Dusty Stick", was a gift from Tiny Speck to players who had lost items during the "Cabinet Bug". Most of the lost items were returned but the Bug caused a great deal of distress for both the players and the coders so the Dusty Stick was created. Late in the day on March 13 the recipe for "Pi Pie" was created in celebration of "Pi Day". This recipe for a pie can be made by anyone with sufficient cooking skills and a frying pan. Everyone gets the recipe. What makes this "Collectible" is that the pies can only be made on March 14 (except for this year's March 13 release). On March 15th, the recipe will become unusable until 2013 so start frying these up! On the 15th the auctions will be full of them. Ingredients for the pies (Grain and Butterfly Butter) are already selling at high prices on auction!

A Major reaction to rare and/or valuable items is "Hoarding". Most Glitchen are hoarding something, usually more than one something. Anticipation of new housing needs has me hoarding building supplies. If I should need them I will be prepared. if I don't need them I will sell them to the vendor in Cebarkul for a nice amount of Currants. BTW, that vendor pays more than any other!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Collecting! Empty Re: Collecting!

Post by genkicoll Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:57 am

The one in Cebarkul? I thought it was the vendor in Level 4 East that gave the best prices. Hah, that would explain why I'm always seeing players in Cebarkul! haha Big smile
    bribling

Post by bribling Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:55 pm

There seems to be a permanent party in Cebarkul - Lol! I dig a lot of peat. vendors buy it for 8C but in Cebarkul I get 10C. I don't know what the vendor in Lev. 4 pays but going in there it not as easy as getting to Cebarkul and there is no party there - Lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm