Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Echoes of the Past 1: Royal House of Stone

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Echoes of the Past 1: Royal House of Stone Empty Echoes of the Past 1: Royal House of Stone

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone
    by Orneon Limited

Series links: Echoes of the Past 1: Royal House of Stone, Echoes of the Past 2: The Castle of Shadows, Echoes of the Past 3: The Citadels of Time, Echoes of the Past 4: The Revenge of the Witch, Echoes of the Past 5: The Kingdom of Despair, Echoes of the Past 6: Wolf Healer

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC and Mac
    iWin

Echoes of the Past 1: Royal House of Stone Feat_2

Having made an incredible journey in time, you’ll find yourself in the  medieval kingdom of Orion. Reveal an ancient curse and save the kingdom and its inhabitants. The last prince of Orion is waiting for your help! Open the weird locks and explore every room of the castle in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone. You will meet the castle’s inhabitants and learn the horrible mystery of the royal family in this exciting Hidden Object Adventure game.

• Perplexing puzzles
    • Multiple minigames
    • Save the kingdom!

Click images to enlarge
    Echoes of the Past 1: Royal House of Stone Th_screen1_Echoes of the Past 1: Royal House of Stone Th_screen2_Echoes of the Past 1: Royal House of Stone Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Echoes of the Past 1: Royal House of Stone Empty Re: Echoes of the Past 1: Royal House of Stone

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:24 pm

Past Its Prime, But Still Fun    
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

First of all, you must take into account that this game was released in 2009 to appreciate just how good this game used to look. By current standards it’s pretty blah, but even on my large monitor it is still not rough enough to affect the game play.

I like all of this series because they deal with a fun concept. We are visiting a museum about a medieval kingdom when all of a sudden we are sucked into the portrait of the cursed prince, and are stranded in the House Of Stone until we can rescue the unfortunate victims and find our way back home. In each of the following games in the series we are caught up again in the kingdom’s dramas.

I’ve only been playing HOPAs for about 18 months, so I wasn’t around when they first became popular, but it seems to me that games of this vintage seem, harder than today’s. Hint button gives you hints, not instructions. Knowing where to go next can be a real mind bending exercise. I found myself using the walkthrough on more than one occasion just to get around.

Thankfully, the puzzles are for the most part fairly straightforward. I like that the HOS are of two varieties, lists and multiple items. Oh, and there is a misclick penalty.

The game also keeps track of time, and you can compare your scores. This time the game took me 2hrs 20mins, which is not long admittedly, but it was fun.

Not earth shattering stuff, but great to have the whole series, and not a bad way to spend a dull afternoon.

I Recommend This Game
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Echoes of the Past 1: Royal House of Stone Empty Re: Echoes of the Past 1: Royal House of Stone

Post by luvtoread Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:24 am

I really loved this game when it first came out.   One thing I like about your review of older games is I think  "I have to replay this again"     Okay
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:35 am

Two thumbs up 

That's why I write them - I am trying to play all my games alphabetically, including the ones I didn't like. So I figured, while I'd also do a summary of the game. Can't quite remember how I went from that to reviews of the newest games, but I enjoy it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 am