Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol Empty Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Delicious: Emily's Christmas Carol
    by Blue Giraffe / GameHouse - October, 2016

Series links: Please see the Delicious Game Series Index

Available at:
    Alawar as Collector's Edition
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition
    GameHouse as Platinum Edition
    iWin as Platinum Edition
    Steam as Collector's Edition

Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol Header

Enjoy Delicious, the award-winning cooking story game series! In this wonderful Christmas tale, Emily plans a family trip to a cute little cottage for the holidays. Everybody embarks northbound on the Miracle Express, excited for an amazing adventure. However, they soon discover someone else is already living in their cottage... What are you waiting for? Bake a big batch of cookies, nog an egg, and settle in with a hot drink to warm up your Christmas spirit!
    • ENJOY THE 14TH SEASON of Delicious
    • RUN YOUR DINERS and serve food in a variety of kitchens in 61 story levels and 31 extra challenge levels
    • DASH THROUGH 6 wonderful Christmas locations, and cook many dazzling dishes in exciting time management levels
    • COLLECT DIAMONDS to invite the entire family to Paige's school play
    • ENJOY HIDDEN OBJECT ELEMENTS and see if you can find all mice
    • GameHouse Walkthrough

Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol Ss_9aff39a00d7ed70debc1fcc40b168624b117e347.600x338
    Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol Ss_edaa0ad94c886ce5029c478b1501a04b51cd6cd4.600x338
    Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol Ss_0613ec3ac3697fe6a48b6b6b321281be2e10e5c3.600x338

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:44 am; edited 4 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol Empty Re: Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:29 am

Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol (Time Management) 
    Steam copy provided for Curator review, but have played it through twice on another platform -- Review updated 2019

An enchanting tale filled with the magic of Christmas

Options include separate sliders for Music and Sound, Full-screen or Windowed, Show Game Hints and choice of Difficulty

The Delicious games always have an optional tutorial, but there is also a 'How to Play" area in the Settings section if you need it.

Story:

The whole family packs up for a trip on the Miracle Express for the Christmas adventure of a lifetime!
    Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol A62D6814C9CE25C6065344316E09AC96E3A238BD

For those who are new to the franchise, starting at #4, Emily's Taste of Fame, these games are heavily story-driven dash-type time management games, with endearing characters and great gameplay. 

The story is excellent and the characters are so distinctive that every one of them is memorable.  I was incredibly impressed with how well the devs managed the mannerisms of the children... From temper tantrums to angelic innocence and everything in between, they captured it all beautifully.

Gameplay:

Each level will present you with a challenge in addition to the usual of delivering food, etc. to customers, and each challenge completed will earn you a diamond, as will completing the Challenge levels.  Diamonds are used to invite people an in-game event.

Each of the six locations has upgrades that you can buy with the money that you earn from, per usual, but you can also tailor the menu to your play style.  New items to sell will unlock as you play, and then you can choose things like, "Do I want the drinks to fill faster, or do I want them to be spill-proof?"  Another example:
    Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol 9B2F07CC2DA342796A4ADFEC3C6E263ED0297E72

It seems like the third option would be a no-brainer since it's faster AND makes more money, but it's also a little more complex to put together!

• 61 story levels + 30 bonus levels for a total of 91 challenges/levels to play
    • 21 in-game and Steam Achievements (some which you'll really have to work for!)

There are secrets scattered across the maps/levels to keep an eye out for, and a way to turn your customers into reindeer for a level.  I laughed like crazy when I found it! lol~

Sights & Sounds:

The graphics this time around are simply stunning.  It also sounds like they've gotten a full orchestra to do their music, and the result is just beautiful.  It's still very "Emily", but not the same-old, same-old that you might expect after 14 games.
    Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol 7BB8CAF221AEB151DDD25C9A64BCBB6F3641C6EE

Verdict:

I've played and loved every Emily game since Taste of Fame, and in my opinion, this is the best of the best.  Best graphics, best soundtrack, best storyline, best locations, best gameplay... The only negative is that 'Normal' mode is too easy.  I didn't have to replay any levels until late LATE in the game, but then, I'm an experienced player!  The beauty is that if you find Normal mode too easy, you can always switch to Expert!

Overall absolutely delightful and absolutely recommended!! 1star 1star 1star 1star 1star

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol Empty Re: Delicious 14: Emily's Christmas Carol

Post by genkicoll Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Review updated today, and this is the perfect time to play this enchanting game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:40 am