Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle Empty Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:33 pm

Delicious: Emily's Message in a Bottle
    by Blue Giraffe / GameHouse - August, 2016

Series links: Please see the Delicious Game Series Index

Available at:

Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition /
    GameHouse as Platinum Edition /
    Steam

Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle 203822

Discover the message in a bottle that will change Emily’s life forever, while cooking divine dishes in Italian kitchens! With Paige fully recovered from her fever, life has settled down again in Snuggford. That is, until the entire Napoli family is shocked when they hear that Emily’s missing grandfather, Vitto, is still alive and might be in Italy. Especially Emily’s father, Edward, is overwhelmed by the news. He and his five brothers haven't seen their father, or each other, in years. Reuniting them is going to be quite a challenge... Will Emily succeed in bringing everybody together at the big family dinner?
    • ENJOY THE 13TH SEASON OF DELICIOUS, the award-winning cooking story game series
    • RUN YOUR DINERS and serve food in 65 story levels in different kitchens, plus 30 challenge levels
    • PLAY IN ITALIAN RESTAURANTS and cook 200+ divine dishes in exciting time management levels
    • UNLOCK REAL MESSAGES by winning trophies while you dash through lovely locations
    • COLLECT DIAMONDS and help Emily reunite her entire family through the power of cooking
    • ENJOY HIDDEN OBJECT ELEMENTS and see if you can find all mice
    • GameHouse Walkthrough

Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle Ss_dd02589e21db2922cfc839cdef76396b041dec9f.600x338
    Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle Ss_f0fdc695d9f6c660209b0f9f8c94a63e2daf179e.600x338
    Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle Ss_3852a7e8eb63bd13fa947943b205f03e7b761388.600x338

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle Empty Re: Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:37 pm

Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle (Dash-TM)

Options include separate sliders for Music and Sound, Full-screen, Hints and choice of Difficulty.

Can this game be played as a standalone?  The stories and characters in this series are so endearing that I'd recommend playing them all, from #3 (Taste of Fame) forward, but starting here and going backwards would be OK, I think.

Story:

Emily's Italian grandfather disappeared in a storm 30 years ago, the news that he's been found alive has her father rattled to the core.  The question is where has Grandpa been all these years, and can Emily bring her father's estranged family back together after all these years apart?
    Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle 84E28F2492052D784010FCB314F80D71F55439A5

We have a Journal of sorts -- More of a family album that is filled with pictures that we take during memorable moments in the game.

Gameplay:

The basics from the previous installments carry over to this game.  Customers will seat themselves and make their orders, and there are no everlasting gold stars like in some of the other GameHouse Original Stories series.

There are some changes in format compared to the earlier Delicious games:

• There is some minimal mini-game interaction during levels, such as clicking to break a piñata or tossing a coin in a fountain
    • You don't start earning diamonds until level 9, and challenge levels are worth one diamond each
    • Every other level has a story-related goal which will earn you one diamond
    • Helpful upgrades such as entertainers are story-centric

That last change is my favorite, as it adds a new dynamic to the gameplay that keeps things fresh.
    Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle EDC23E0FE1E3FFBB9775204188E3BCB6AF003F2D

Coins are only earned on the story levels, but you'll earn more coins each time you replay one of these levels.  Use coins to buy upgrades for your restaurants.

Diamonds are used to unlock invitations for all of the family members (must earn every diamond in the game to invite them all).

There are both in-game and Steam Achievements.  Earning achievements in-game will get you messages (in bottles!) from fans of the series.  The final achievement -- unlocking all of the products -- is badly-balanced, and a real pain to earn, but of course I had to earn it anyway. hehe

Sights and Sounds:

Edward has four brothers, and we already know Antonio, but the three other brothers live incredibly different lifestyles, meaning that we have some interesting locations to visit!  Italy is charming no matter where we might be in the game, and even Carl the Mouse looks Italian! lol~
    Delicious 13: Emily's Message in a Bottle E3CA19326285B5CEB153D40F8F0E482981A2576B

But wait, we're not done yet!

There are the usual 60 story levels and 30 challenges, but there are also an additional 5 story-related levels as an epilogue!  These 5 levels answer some very important questions that had bothered me throughout the game, so I was really happy to get some answers!

Verdict:

The Delicious games never fail to entertain, and I am impressed at how well the devs have managed to keep things from getting stale, whilst still maintaining the charm the I enjoy so much.  Earning the final achievement in Message in a Bottle is a bit frustrating, but does not tarnish the fun.  Recommended to all Dash fans! Big smile

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:41 pm