Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy) Empty Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy)

Post by genkicoll Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:35 pm

Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients
    by Big Splash Games / Playfirst - November, 2007

Series list: Chocolatier 1, Chocolatier 2: The Secret Ingredients, Chocolatier 3: Decadence by Design, The Great Chocolate Chase (TM with same characters)

Available at:  
    Big Fish for PC and Mac (no longer available)
    GameHouse for PC and Mac
    iWin for PC

Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy) Chocolatier-2-secret-ingredients_feature

The delicious world of chocolate is once again turned on its side, this time by deceit and deception in the new chapter of the Chocolatier saga. There is a mole controlling Baumeister Confections, and it is up to you to build a new empire from the ground up and take over Baumeister Confections. On this journey you will need to rise up in this industrial age of innovation and seek out secret ingredients to create rich new recipes.

Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy) Screen1
    Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy) Screen3Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy) Screen2

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:25 pm; edited 7 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy) Empty Re: Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy)

Post by genkicoll Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:03 am

Ingredients and where to find them, in two formats:

Alphabetical by ingredient:

• Almonds: Abidjan, Bombay, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, San Francisco
    • Anise: The Sahara
    • Bananas (Amazonian Plantains): The Amazon
    • Black Tea: The Himalayas
    • Cacao: Abidjan, Cayenne, San Jose, Jakarta, Mahajanga, Manila, San Jose
    • Caramel: Paris, Shanghai
    • Cashews: Abidjan, Casablanca, Manila, New York, San Jose
    • Cayenne Cacao: Cayenne
    • Cayenne Peppers: Cayenne
    • Cherries (Bing): Paris, Sydney
    • Cinnamon Sticks: Jakarta, Shanghai
    • Cloves: The Himalayas
    • Coconuts: Jakarta
    • Coffee Beans: Abidjan, Cayenne, Mahajanga, Manila
    • Cognac (French): Paris
    • Costa Rican Cacao: San Jose
    • Cote D'Ivoirian Cacao: Abidjan
    • Currants: The Sahara
    • Fire Ants: The Amazon
    • Ginger: Bombay, Shanghai
    • Hazelnuts: Cairo, Paris
    • Honey (Lavender): The Himalayas
    • Indonesian Cacao: Jakarta
    • Lemons: Buenos Aires, Cairo
    • Macadamia Nuts: Jakarta, Shanghai, Sydney
    • Mahajanga Cacao: Mahajanga
    • Mangoes: Cairo, Manila
    • Milk: Bombay, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Casablanca, Cayenne, Mahajanga, Manila, Moscow, New York, Paris, San Francisco, San Jose, Shanghai, Sydney
    • Mint: Casablanca, Mahajanga, New York
    • Oranges: Bombay, Buenos Aires, Sydney
    • Pecans: New York, Shanghai
    • Philippines Cacao: Manila
    • Pumpkins (Fijian): Fiji
    • Raspberries: San Francisco, Casablanca, San Francisco, Sydney
    • Saffron: The Sahara
    • Sugar: Abidjan, Bombay, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Casablanca, Cayenne, Jakarta, Mahajanga, Manila, New York, Paris, San Francisco, San Jose, Shanghai, Sydney
    • Truffle Powder: Abidjan, Cayenne, Jakarta, Mahajanga, Manila, San Jose
    • Vanilla Beans: Mahajanga, Shanghai
    • Wild Island Berries: Fiji

Alphabetical by City:

• Abidjan: Almonds, Cacao, Cashews, Coffee Beans, Cote D'Ivoirian Cacao, Flowers*, Sugar, Truffle Powder
    • Amazon, The: Amazonian Plantains (Bananas), Fire Ants
    • Bombay: Almonds, Ginger, Milk, Oranges, Sugar
    • Buenos Aires: Almonds, Lemons, Milk, Oranges, Sugar
    • Cairo: Hazelnuts, Lemons, Mangoes, Milk, Sugar
    • Casablanca: Almonds, Cashews, Milk, Mint, Raspberries, Sugar
    • Cayenne: Cacao, Cayenne Cacao, Coffee Beans, Cayenne Peppers, Milk, Sugar, Truffle Powder
    • Fiji: Fijian Pumpkins, Wild Island Berries
    • Himalayas, The: Black Tea, Cloves, Honey
    • Jakarta: Cacao, Cinnamon Sticks, Coconuts, Indonesian Cacao, Macadamia Nuts, Sugar, Truffle Powder
    • Mahajanga: Cacao, Coffee Beans, Mahajanga Cacao, Mint, Sugar, Truffle Powder, Vanilla Beans
    • Manila: Cacao, Cashews, Coffee Beans, Mangoes, Milk, Philippines Cacao, Sugar, Truffle Powder
    • Moscow: Sugar
    • New York: Cashews, Milk, Mint, Pecans, Sugar
    • Paris: Caramel, Bing Cherries, French Cognac, Hazelnuts, Milk, Sugar
    • Sahara, The: Anise, Currants, Saffron
    • San Francisco: Almonds, Milk, Raspberries, Sugar
    • San Jose: Cacao, Cashews, Costa Rican Cacao, Milk, Sugar, Truffle Powder
    • Shanghai: Caramel, Cinnamon Sticks, Ginger, Macadamia Nuts, Milk, Pecans, Sugar, Vanilla Beans
    • Sydney: Cherries, Macadamia Nuts, Milk, Oranges, Raspberries, Sugar

*Flowers:

• Assorted Tulips
    • Carnations
    • Rare Orchids
    • Roses

Seasonal:

• Cherries - Mid-June to July
    • Ginger - October to March
    • Mangoes - April to September
    • Pecans - September to mid-December
    • Pumpkins - Late August to mid-November
    • Raspberries - Late May to early-September
    • Wild Island Berries - Mid-July to September

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy) Empty Re: Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy)

Post by genkicoll Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy-SIM) REVIEW AND GUIDE

I love these games. I absolutely love them. I originally bought them for my eldest, and had absolutely no interest in them when I watched her play. Because of a group challenge, I played Chocolatier 3: Decadence by Design and quickly found how addictive they are! I've played #3 through several times, and only recently decided to play this one, Secret Ingredients. At first I didn't like it as much as #3, but now I'm not so sure... I may enjoy it even more!

Whilst reading this, please remember that I have not played Chocolatier 1, yet!

First, the basics:

There are separate sliders for Ambient Sound, Music, and Sound Effects (or you can Mute All,) and a Full Screen Option. There is both a Story Mode and a Free Play Mode.

The game is easy to learn with the built-in (optional) tutorial, and the gist of the game is simple: Make chocolates and sell them to make money. Doing this will mean traveling around the world to buy ingredients for your chocolates, meeting people in the know, and of course, making the chocolates.

Herein lies a problem for those with coordination issues: Making the chocolates involves timed mini-games, ranging from simple to extremely difficult, depending on which kind of creation you are working on. You CAN play this game if you aren't very good at these games, but the game will take much longer. The way it works is that you have a certain amount of time to shoot ingredients into groups that will combine to make your chocolates. You will have quantity bonuses for matching colors -- all red, all blue, or all yellow in a grouping will get you more chocolates. The mini games for the pralines (which you won't encounter until later in the game) were especially difficult for me, and I generally don't have trouble with this type of thing.

There are six types of chocolates that you will be able to make by the end of the game:

• Squares
    • Infusions
    • Sauces
    • Pralines
    • Truffles
    • Exotics

To progress in the game and open up new locations, you will need to complete quests. Find these quests by talking to people in every building, in every port. Once you have a quest, there's no need to check every building until you've completed the task and are looking for a new quest. In Secret Ingredients, you can only have one quest at a time.

HINT:
    You will earn more money for your confections the first time you go to a shop after inventing it. If you have the money, do not visit any chocolate shops until you've stockpiled some of your new creation. You will be able to purchase your own chocolate shop (in San Jose) fairly quickly if you're making sure to have a quest at all times, and you'll get the very best prices at your own shops (without having to haggle.)

You will want to buy the Chocolate Tasting Lab in Buenos Aires as soon as possible so that you can start creating your own confections, as every new creation will earn you better money. You will want to change up your recipes frequently, as you will earn less if you just offer the same thing all the time.

HINT: Be sure to watch your ingredients, as they will eventually go bad! Buy ingredients and rotate what you're making in your factories accordingly! Even if you will not be able to use new items any time soon, you will want to buy one of each ingredient as soon as you discover it so that you can have it available at your Tasting Lab. Just be sure to stop by the Lab in Buenos Aires once you've purchased it/them.

There are forty ingredients to discover across the globe, seven of which are seasonal (you will get better purchase prices on ingredients when they are in
    season.) Scroll up to the last post to see where you can find each ingredient.

Here is a screen of all of the discovered ingredients (fully-stocked tasting lab):
    Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy) Chocol10

In #3, Decadence by Design, when you make your own creations, you pretty much have free reign. Not so in Secret Ingredients. Most times we just experiment and get hints from our lab assistant as to what might work in the recipe. Other times we're given a full or partial recipe by someone we meet whilst traveling, and just formalize the recipe in the lab.

Another difference is that when you're told that you can't trust everybody... you really should pay attention. Sabotage, factory strikes, and storehouse fires do happen!

There is a continuing storyline throughout the Chocolatier games, and I look forward to discovering the first installment Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy) 765500672

Overall this is a completely addictive game, and I highly recommend it Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients (Strategy) 1404866550
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:28 pm

This is one of my favorite games, and sadly, it does not play well with Windows 10.  Even playing in compatibility mode, the game crashes often.

If you love this game as much as I do, and still want to play it, I recommend doing a Save & Quit every time you make some progress so that you don't lose too much if you crash out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am