Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+5
kac
RenaissanceMom
katy12250
pippi
genkicoll
9 posters

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav Group Play-through

pippi
    pippi

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav Group Play-through - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav Group Play-through

Post by pippi Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:14 am

I'm not terribly far along yet, but I'm spending my afternoon playing!  Will report in later tonight.

Maybe Experienced Was a Bad Idea:

So yeah, I'm basically still at the beginning but am determined to solve that and progress today!

Last edited by pippi on Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I know where Geron is now.)
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav Group Play-through - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav Group Play-through

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Ohh, yeah... I had that problem, too >_<  You'll need to really examine
    Spoiler:
      You may need to look there twice before you see what you're looking for, I can't remember.

EDIT:  Oh, it may be that you have to right-click on the area to examine it thoroughly!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:23 am

I finished last night, so I'm available for hints wherever you may be in the game~ Sunny

If all else fails:

- Try combining things in your inventory
     - Try using your powers
     - Try right-clicking on anything and everything to examine them more closely
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:09 pm

How's everyone doing?  Still playing?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:26 am

I am hoping to get to it no later than this weekend (hopefully when I get home from work
    today I will get some of it played).
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:14 am

I have gotten quite a ways with this game.   I remember what needs to be accomplished,
    but remembering exactly the steps to accomplish it is another matter.
    I do wish I had played this time on the more challenging setting.  Oh well.

I am doing a lot of back and forthing. (is that a word?)    My fault for not trying everything,
    but I am

cannot remember chapter title :

I will be playing more later today.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:49 am

I know right where you are, and I had the same thing going on; remembering in general what needed to be done, but not how to accomplish it. haha
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:18 pm

Has anyone been making progress?
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:37 pm

Spring Vacation starts tomorrow, so I will be playing again. I haven't played during the week
    for various reasons, one of which is mental tiredness.
    gingergal

Post by gingergal Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi everyone, I am just starting, will try and play a couple of hours a day.  thanks to genikoll for letting me know this group play is on.

As usual the first few hours of an adventure game I find the hardest, just trying to figure out how the game works etc.  I was trying to do the all the achievements but I think I have to replay it to get all of them?  If so I won't bother as they seem hard that "Penny pincher one!!+
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi, Ginger!  Somehow I missed this post 'til just now! OH!

You'll find tips on gameplay in the second post of this thread, and of course some additional tips scattered throughout.  I've finished the game, so if you need any help, just holler Big smile
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:57 am

I tackled quite a bit of it already. Rainy days will encourage game playing.

I am pretty far along.

Geron should not have lied!:

Another rainy day, so I might even finish it today.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:40 am

Oh, you have gotten pretty far!  Nice!
    gingergal

Post by gingergal Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:25 pm

Thanks genkicoll, I've been waylaid with another game but hope to make it back to this one. I'm just not into this game which hopefully I will be soon although I am only at the "caravan"

luvtoread that sounds interesting where you are, hope I will get there.
    gingergal

Post by gingergal Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:47 pm

Thanks genikoll for the invite to group play as it is one more unplayed crossed off my list. Happy bounce 
    I really didn't like it for the first half although the graphics are lovely but the later half - the story, locations etc were a lot better.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:19 pm

I totally agree -- I especially disliked the beginning of the game.  If I hadn't already owned it, I'd have stopped playing before I really got started.  As it is, I'm glad to have finished the game, and am looking forward to Memoria.

Has anyone else finished?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 pm