Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Beware! Malware on Penddraig Chronicles Pages

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Beware! Malware on Penddraig Chronicles Pages Empty Beware! Malware on Penddraig Chronicles Pages

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:29 am

Google Chrome informed me that the software that was attempting to download on my pc was from a malware distributor that had penetrated the page I was on... one of the Chronicle pages

So PLease, don't read anything from that thread until it is declared safe meh !
    Sable
    Sable

Beware! Malware on Penddraig Chronicles Pages Empty Re: Beware! Malware on Penddraig Chronicles Pages

Post by Sable Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:33 am

Thanks for the head up, Just.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Beware! Malware on Penddraig Chronicles Pages Empty Re: Beware! Malware on Penddraig Chronicles Pages

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:49 am

I know it's not something people are checking out - I didn't expect people to. But I'd hate this to be the day someone thought to take a peak!  EEK! 

And it almost got me!! So close! Total freak out!  Spooky bats 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:19 am

I think that what you saw (and clicked on) was one of the pop-up ads that we get here because this is a free forum.  I can't tell you to install an ad-blocker like AdBlock Plus, but I can say that I've never seen one of the ads here because I have one installed Whistle
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:22 am

Okay... I thought McAfee was supposed to do that? It didn't come up with any messages, which peeved me! What am I paying them for if they didn't stop things like this?

How will I know if it's safe to use the page again? Suggestions? Safe as long I don't let it download stuff?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:35 am

Safe, as long as you don't click on any ads Smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:36 am

Cool! Well, I installed the Adblocker, and I don't see anything to click lol. Had the thing installed for about one minute when came back at me with a couple of hundred ads blocked!  Huh? 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am