Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Does this game exist?

MorningGlory

Does this game exist? Empty Does this game exist?

Post by MorningGlory Sun May 04, 2014 10:30 am

I feel like I am going crazy.  I am looking for an old cooking game.  I can't remember the name, but it was a sort of TM/hidden object game where you have customers come in and you have to find the ingredients and make the item.  It is very similar to Gourmania, Go Go Gourmet and 2 Tasty but I don't think it's any of them.  This one had little gifts hidden among the ingredients and if you found one you could place it on a particular customer and their order would be automatically completed.  There were also coins and/or question marks to find and you could place that on an order to double the amount of money you received when it was complete.  As I type this, it sounds an awful lot like Shopping Spree, but I am positive it was a restaurant setting.  Funny thing is, I thought that I owned them (there were two) but I don't find them in my BG games list.  Does it or did it exist or am just confusing my games? 

Stars  pullhair
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Does this game exist? Empty Re: Does this game exist?

Post by genkicoll Sun May 04, 2014 11:25 am

I'll ask my eldest when she gets home!  She would know Elk grin
    MorningGlory

Post by MorningGlory Sun May 04, 2014 11:38 am

I'm think it has to be Gourmania.  I looked at some screenshots of the game and it has little candies to find and give to the customer.  Maybe that's what I was "remembering" as presents?  I downloaded the demo to see if it's what I remember and it still doesn't seem like the one I am looking for, but I am probably just confused!  

Dunno
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun May 04, 2014 11:50 am

Hi MorningGlory, good to see you again!

Can't help with the game, though, any game the one you describe would have me running as far and as fast as I can. I'm assuming it's not one of those dreaded Emily Delicious games?  backaway 
    MorningGlory

Post by MorningGlory Sun May 04, 2014 12:46 pm

Haha, no, it's not the Emily games.   I'm not a fan of those either!  I'm pretty sure now that it's Gourmania.  But I was remembering it as a game that I enjoyed.  The Gourmania demo I just played, ...hmm, not so much. 

It's funny, I used to play only HOGS and hated the TM games.  They just seemed like WORK to me Smile  But I've gradually come to appreciate them, and they are probably my first choice to play if I'm bored.    I've been replaying some of my old ones and that's why I was thinking about this cooking game.  I still love my Dash games and hate that any new ones are now only available in a mobile pay-as-you-go format.  I enjoy a lot of the builders, too:  MKFTP, RE and I'm still hoping for a sequel to Kingdom Chronicles.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun May 04, 2014 1:24 pm

I quite enjoy a resource mgt/builder came from time to time, and have all the ME games plus Adelantado and Northern Tales, but I don't play them often and the only ones I've managed to complete are the adelantado ones. I get flustered easily, so timed stuff, unless very generous are a turn off for me.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun May 04, 2014 4:29 pm

My daughter thinks it's one of the Gourmania games -- there are three, ya know Wink
    tesamoine
    tesamoine

Post by tesamoine Sun May 04, 2014 8:28 pm

I think it's the 2 Tasty one.  The first one, bc I never played the second one.  I do remember finding gifts, etc., amongst the food items.  That also bothers me when I'm thinking of a game and just, for the life of me, cannot remember what it is.
    MorningGlory

Post by MorningGlory Tue May 06, 2014 6:00 am

Thanks everyone.  I'm pretty sure it is Gourmania 3 Zoo Zoom.  I do own it and  I liked the game play but was very annoyed by having to scrub down the zebra pen time after time.  It got old real fast.  I also own 2 Tasty Too (or Two?) and can't for the life of me remember why I bought it.  It was very boring.  Must have been a DD or I had a coupon which was expiring   Silly face  

Thanks again.  I am just replaying old games now while I wait patiently for Witch's Pranks to be re-released!  I was able to download the demo of that before they pulled it, and loved it!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am