Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Questerium: Sinister Trinity

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Questerium: Sinister Trinity Empty Questerium: Sinister Trinity

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:48 am

Questerium: Sinister Trinity
    by Urse Games - October, 2013

Available at:
    Alawar as Collector's Edition / Collector's Edition
    Big Fish (Standard Edition only)
    GameHouse as Platinum Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition /

Questerium: Sinister Trinity Questerium-sinister-trinity_feature

Three men, friends since childhood, perform important roles in their communities: professor, mayor, banker… But when a meteor falls not too far from the city, Professor Gustav learns that the meteorite is emanating some sort of unknown energy, and begins a series of experiments without the mayor's permission. Financed by the banker, the professor builds an evil machine that causes the meteor's energy to spin out of control, destroying the city and mutating its plants and animals. Citizens are evacuated, but rescuers fail to find and evacuate two children. In Questerium: Sinister Trinity, you play the investigator hired to work the case, and it's up to you to destroy the evil machine, rescue the abandoned children, save the city and arrest the professor!

• Discover 20 secrets in mysterious locations
    • Unlockable achievements
    • Develop your own garden

Click images to enlarge
    Questerium: Sinister Trinity Th_screen1_Questerium: Sinister Trinity Th_screen2_Questerium: Sinister Trinity Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Questerium: Sinister Trinity Empty Re: Questerium: Sinister Trinity

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:53 am

Don’t Ignore This Little Gem    
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

Wow! Achievements and collectibles on a stand-alone SE, why was this a soft release? Well, I suspect there was originally going to be a Collector’s Edition, but somebody decided it didn’t have what it takes. I think that was a wise decision, because despite all the appealing characteristics of this game, it just doesn’t FEEL like a CE. The soft release, though, that was harsh.

Intriguing story (but not, I feel, very well handled) – 3 leaders of a community (professor, mayor, banker) discover a source of free energy after a meteorite hit. Slight hiccup, it’s mutating everything. We are the detective who goes in after the evacuation to find two missing children.

I’ll cover as much of the relevant points as I can, but there’s a lot to this game.

*Good graphics - clear, bright, no roughness around the edges, but not top quality. Not at all dark.

*Live actors who are quite amusing, and excellent voiceovers, even of the children.

*More than averagely interactive HOP lists, quite difficult in fact.

*Hard and mainly original puzzles. I don’t think I actually solved any. Thank goodness skip is quick (on easiest of 4).

*Early on, you get a multi-tool (swiss army knife) and you get to keep it after you’ve used it.

*Directional hint.

*Interactive jump map that also tells you (if you want) where the money is.

*Collectible money (20) for creating your own garden, off to the side of your Achievements Room, accessed from game.

*Collectible mutant plants (15) which are collected in their own book.

*4 difficulty levels. Highest level – no black bar help.

There are also a zillion clovers everywhere that we can’t collect, and that’s why I think it was originally going to have a CE.

I guess there’s nothing really inspired here. But there’s nothing wrong with it either, and for a stand-alone SE, I think it’s very good!

I Recommend This Game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:51 am

In the official description, it says "Develop your own garden."  Does this have a Gardenscapes-like component to it?

And did you happen to catch who the developer is?  I couldn't find the info when I searched.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:20 pm

Genki, I'm not sure how the "Develop your own garden" thing works. I bought the game using a PCC.

The developer is Urse Games.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:04 am

Sorry genki, I wrote you an answer to this last night, but must have forgotten to hit send button:embrs: 

The garden is an area off to the side of your trophy/achievement room, and with the money you collect throughout the game you can buy ornaments for it, starting with a fountain, marble surrounds, and so on. I don't think you get the kind of choices you get in Gardenscape, I think you can just choose which upgrades you want to make. The garden is accessible within the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 am