Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+14
Butterflyshrimp
JustTheFacts
Perheart
BloomingLilac
marianne
Fairjuno
jeanniemouse
luvtoread
djrum
RenaissanceMom
Esme
Spirit_of_Auron
vervaine
genkicoll
18 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

Esme
    Esme

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

Post by Esme Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Well, it's 9:30ish here and it still just worked for me. Nevertales is mine! Laugh

The ONEDAY code still worked!
    jessmom01
    jessmom01

Post by jessmom01 Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:26 am

Good morning everyone coffee  Think I'd better add Nevertales to my list; it's got great reviews, wow. I'd be interested in your thoughts on that one; it's not at the top of all the demos i'm about to start going thru but I might have to move it up to the top. Just the Facts did a fine review posted here, & I'm really intrigued.  Started my weekend early with a run to the vet instead of work.  My 8 yr old shepherd mix came down with something last Friday that was rather unpleasant.  He's recovering & late last night my new rescued girl got the same thing.  Freaks me out when my animals get sick, but all seems under control now, they're both crashed on the couch together... so let the games begin!  Happy Friday!  Yahoo!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:34 am

Thanks, Genki! I tried the code last night on Nevertales and it worked!

jessmom, did you hear about the jerky products causing dogs to be seriously ill and it has caused deaths?
    I don't mean to scare you. I'm just putting this warning out there.
    My DH had mentioned it to me the other day because he'd seen something on the news about it. When I logged on day before yesterday, it was on my Homepage.

One of the products that was listed was Milo's Kitchen something (I can't remember). I had given our dog some kind of Milo's treat a while back, but she didn't really like it (hmm...wonder why).
    Thank goodness, I never bought it again.
    I've checked all her treats and all are from the U.S. Our baby is particularly fond of those mint bones that are really expensive. But she's worth every dime I spend. I love her so very much!
    She's laying right here beside me now! Heart
    jessmom01
    jessmom01

Post by jessmom01 Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:48 am

djrum, thank you for mentioning it, & yes I heard about the dog deaths & illness from the treats.  Breaks my heart :(  We don't have any of the tainted treats, thankfully.  Like you, I make sure all my dogs' stuff is made in USA since the last time that happened a few yrs back, which scared the heck outta me.  Plus my older fella is allergic to a lot of stuff, so i read labels for everything.  I end up getting things that cost a little more too, but you're right, our pets are worth it Heart  So I just demo'd Nevertales & it's a definite buy!  Wish i'd known yesterday so I could have used a sale code.  Don't know if I can hold out 'til the next sale, but seems like bfg is having one about every other day lately so maybe.  Or not Hmm... Also demo'd Bloody Mary... positive for creep factor, I'm liking it a whole lot.  Ah geez, if the rest of my demo list goes like this, i'm in big trouble.  So here's a question for anyone who's played these 2: are they both CE worthy, or does the SE do either of them justice?  Well actually, long as i'm asking... Embarrassed ... what about Enigmatis Mists of Ravenwood, Sea of Lies Mutiny of the Heart, Clockwork Tales, & Final Cut Encore.  I like CE's for good bonus play, morphs, collecting, etc, but don't care about music scores, wallpapers, concept art.  Appreciate any thoughts that'll keep me from going bankrupt Snicker
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:11 pm

I can give you input on ONE of those, and that is Enigmatis 2.  It was WONDERFUL Heart  Did you see the reviews and comments starting HERE?  One of the best games I've played in years, just awesome.  The CE was completely worth it for me, but check out the reviews and see for yourself what's included. Sunny

By the way, I recommend waiting 'til tomorrow to buy anything, in case there's a good sale.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:08 pm

I've played all the games listed and my vote goes to Enigmatis 2 for the CE!! It was awesome!

I haven't played Nevertales yet. I'm currently playing Questerium.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:58 pm

I forgot to mention that I have a code for 40% off the Enigmatis 2 CE if you get it directly from Artifex Mundi. Whomever asks first can have the code Sunny
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:10 am

Well,   I attempted to play Nevertales,  but it froze up on me and the screen went black.
    That's ok, cause I still have unplayed games.
    I dl/d  Dark Canvas,   it is definitely on my to buy list.   At first I wasen't too impressed.
    I HATE having the book sparkle at me after I just read the info,  but the more I played
    the more I got into it.   The storyline has me intrigued.

dj--I hope your are enjoying Questerium as much as I did.  The mad scientist is my favorite character.  Evil Grin
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:20 am

Good morning everyone, and Happy Weekend! Happy bounce

Yay to the release of Enigmatis 2 SE - I know what my PCC is being used for today! Okay
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:57 am

Oooh, DH wants to play another game with me so I've downloaded Tales of Monkey Island. I well remember the old MI games, such fun!
    jessmom01
    jessmom01

Post by jessmom01 Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:46 pm

You guys are sooo right, Enigmatis 2 is just excellent!  And on sale!  Happy bounce I literally jumped in my seat 3 times just during the demo - I love when that happens EEK! .  Diving back in shortly.  Happy weekend indeed, R-mom Smile  Also got a beta for a new Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian - The Hope Diamond.  I really liked 2 of the Hidden Expedition games, Devils Triangle & Unchartered Islands, so looking forward to checking this one out.  Happy gaming y'all kittymoon
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:30 pm

Hey all.  Wanted to drop by, and catch up on this thread.  Smile 

There's a game I'm trying to remember the name of, and hoped someone here would remember it.  It's a Dark & Eeerie game of course (that's the best kind  Laugh )

The game was a beta, and some BFG members got to try the beta.  I didn't, but I looked it up on YouTube, and it looked amazing! 

It was based in an abandoned hospital or asylum (I know, I know, a lot of games are based there  Silly face ), and your sister had been a patient there, but is now missing.  You have to now go to this hospital\asylum, to find out what happened to your sister.  The intro showed you coming out of a lift in the building, and you saw shadows that MIGHT have been your sister.  Then something happened to make you jump, and we saw a bloody body being dragged out the room, with lots of blood on the door, but we don't know who was dragging the body.  I remember seeing the blood on the lift door.  There was also blood left on the floor. 

The intro was very gory, and there was discussion in the BFG forums, if BFG would insist on a watered-down, less gory version, and some of us (myself included) said that we would rather have the full version, without it being watered-down.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?  Hmm...
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:40 pm

Ohhh, yes, I remember it being talked about!  Was it ever released?  Hmm...  I think it was, and the intro WAS changed to a less disturbing version.

I have a Games Sorted by Theme thread, and under the Asylum/Sanitarium category are the following games (it's not as up-to-date as I'd like, sorry!):

• Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum
    • Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines
    • Dark Ritual (partly)
    • Escape From Ravenhearst (partly)
    • F.A.C.E.S.
    • Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium
    • Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy
    • Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison (partly)
    • Redrum & Redrum 2: Time Lies
    • Relics: Dark Hours (Large File)
    • Sacra Terra: Angelic Night (partly)
    • Sanitarium (Large File Game, not at Big Fish)
    • Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past (partly)
    • The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital
    • The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction
    • Twisted Lands 2: Insomniac

Argh!  I don't think it's any of these!

Does anyone else remember the conversation / game title??
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:01 pm

I totally remember the game and the conversation. In fact I was just thinking about it this weekend, and how it looked like it would be a great Halloween game. I can't recall the title though, but the beta was fairly recent wasn't it? Like maybe September? (I have little sense of time so might be totally wrong here, lol.) I'll report back if I come up with the name.

I didn't know what the story was about but that intro was s.c.a.r.y !! EEK!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Genki, sadly, none of those games are the one I'm thinking about, but thanks for trying.  Smile 
    It's a shame the intro got changed though.  I loved what I saw on YouTube.

RenaissanceMom, I have to agree, it would be an EXACELLENT halloween game.  Big smile 
    I think the beta was more than a couple of months ago, but I could be wrong.  Hmm... 
    And yes, that intro was scary!  EEK!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:07 am

OMG, that was the first time I EVER had to watch a casual download's intro from behind my hands, hahaha!
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:37 am

Frodo wrote:Hey all.  Wanted to drop by, and catch up on this thread.  Smile 

There's a game I'm trying to remember the name of, and hoped someone here would remember it.  It's a Dark & Eeerie game of course (that's the best kind  Laugh )

The game was a beta, and some BFG members got to try the beta.  I didn't, but I looked it up on YouTube, and it looked amazing! 

It was based in an abandoned hospital or asylum (I know, I know, a lot of games are based there  Silly face ), and your sister had been a patient there, but is now missing.  You have to now go to this hospital\asylum, to find out what happened to your sister.  The intro showed you coming out of a lift in the building, and you saw shadows that MIGHT have been your sister.  Then something happened to make you jump, and we saw a bloody body being dragged out the room, with lots of blood on the door, but we don't know who was dragging the body.  I remember seeing the blood on the lift door.  There was also blood left on the floor. 

The intro was very gory, and there was discussion in the BFG forums, if BFG would insist on a watered-down, less gory version, and some of us (myself included) said that we would rather have the full version, without it being watered-down.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?  Hmm...
    Hi All...The witching hour is almost upon us!     Jack-o-Squee 

Hi Frodo - I don't think we've met but its very nice to meet you.  I thought I'd played every abandoned hospital/asylum game BF had.  I don't remember even hearing about this game with a missing sister as a patient, or a bloody body being dragged out of the room with lots of blood on the door.  (Not saying its not there, just that I haven't seen or played it yet)  If you find out the name, would you please post it here. I'm very interested in it. Thank you and Happy Halloween.     Cute Mummy
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:02 am

Is this it?
    jessmom01
    jessmom01

Post by jessmom01 Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Whoa, that looks like one majorly creepy game, & great for Halloween Frankie-walk I looked for a developer, cant find it; release date "unknown", or October-November 2013 according to a couple sites including "all about games", & I can't remember the other place I checked that indicated the beta & survey were sent out by bfg, & it's supposed to be released by them.  Hmm.  Looks like it'd be right up my alley, but I bet just the intro would disturb the heck out of a lot of folks on bfg, too.  Anyone else find anything about this?  Thanks for the head's up, Frodo, & for finding the vid, Genki. I'll be waiting for this one!  EEK!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:02 pm

If you follow the link to watch the video on youtube, in the description is a link to the beta, if you want to try it EEK!  When you run it, it will open the Big Fish Games App and dl as "Bad Omen Survey."
    jessmom01
    jessmom01

Post by jessmom01 Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:05 pm

oooh, thank you!!  dl'ing now.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:21 pm

That's the one, Genki! I could tell just from that still photo. Perhaps I'll d'load it too...EEK!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Genki, THAT'S IT!  Happy bounce   Thankyou so much!  Two thumbs up 

I remembered a couple details wrong (D\\'oh! ), but that's definately the game.  The bloody bodies on the floor, the body being dragged, the shadow that might have been your sister... it all fits.  Thanks Genki.  Sunny 

Now... the full game HAS to be released for Halloween  Silly face

EDIT:  Hey Butterflyshrimp, nice to meet you.  Okay 
    Genki nailed it - it's Bad Omen.  I'm downloading the survey\beta right now.  Elk grin
    jessmom01
    jessmom01

Post by jessmom01 Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:46 pm

played the demo/beta... & it's got Halloween written all over it Ghost Not much in the way of bells & whistles but it sure starts out with a bang, & is definitely positive for Creep Factor.  I got a vague "Scratches" kind of feeling re the atmosphere so far - kept waiting for something to jump out & grab me when moving from room to room EEK!  So what did you guys who played the demo think?
    Butterflyshrimp
    Butterflyshrimp

Post by Butterflyshrimp Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi All.  Hope everyone had a good day today.    Sunny 

@Genki - Wow, Bad Omen really looks like a good D&E game with a high creep factor!  Just checked at BF but they don't have it yet.  I'm not on Youtube, Twitter, etc or I would download & beta it.  Loved the video. Thank you!  Am doing a happy dance here.    Happy bounce 

@Frodo - Thanks for letting us know.  Am really looking forward to its release.    Yahoo!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:09 am