Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Island of Death: Demons and Despair

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Island of Death: Demons and Despair Empty Island of Death: Demons and Despair

Post by genkicoll Wed May 01, 2013 7:59 am

Island of Death: Demons and Despair
    by DominiGames - May, 2013

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish for PC
    GameHouse
    iWin

Island of Death: Demons and Despair Island-of-death-demons-and-despair_feature

When they decided to spend their honeymoon on a wonderful island retreat, Natalie and John could not imagine the terrible experiments that would be conducted on them. Right when the couple arrived at the island, demons broke out and attacked the island’s inhabitants and infected everyone with a mysterious disease! Fortunately, Natalie managed to avoid infection. Help Natalie find a way to cure John and save the island in Island of Death: Demons and Despair!

• Gloomy atmosphere
    • Tons of mini-games
    • Find a cure and save John!

Click images to enlarge
    Island of Death: Demons and Despair Th_screen1 Island of Death: Demons and Despair Th_screen2Island of Death: Demons and Despair Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Island of Death: Demons and Despair Empty Re: Island of Death: Demons and Despair

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:47 am

You Want Zombies? I Got Plennnty Zombies!

Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

It’s your honeymoon, but it’s about to turn real ugly. The beautiful island getaway becomes a trap when you discover everyone else on the island, including your just-wedded husband has been taken ill with something that is turning everyone into ZOMBIES. Excuse me, didn’t I write up this story yesterday?

If you were a bit disappointed by the scarcity of actual zombies in yesterday’s game, you’ll be pleased to know, in this one, they are everywhere, moaning, whining, wrecking stuff. In fact they’d be a real danger to your health, except for one weakness. They can’t abide water – and it’s raining. First time I have been glad to see that in a spooky game. But you will still require ingenuity to move around safely indoors.

This game has marvellous FUN POTENTIAL, and if you can overlook quite POOR PRODUCTION STANDARDS, you’ll probably love it. The GRAPHICS at first appear good, but there is more than one occasion when the seams between image cuts are visible, SLOPPY. There are black screens between scenes.

Likewise, the names of items are sometimes completely wrong. Dall for a diary, or is it a doll picture on a diary? You see the problem.

There is also weirdness such as: shoot the small sack hanging from the street light to get the car key.

Once again, it’s NOT FOR THE EXPERT crowd. But it IS a HO Puzzle Adventure, there are as many PUZZLES as HO scenes (which are slightly INTERACTIVE LIST), but they are all EASY so far. Each HO scene is visited twice. Items are sometimes quite small.

We have NO MAP, but we do have DIRECTIONAL HINT, and a JOURNAL it’s a good idea to check, as it helps make the story make more sense.

We have ACHIEVEMENTS, of the necessary-for-game kind. They can be seen from the menu and there are only about 8 of them.

MUSIC is very dramatic and does add flavour to the tense and urgent atmosphere. VO was okay.

The demo took me 30 minutes, and I’m a slow player, but what I did I had fun with.

So, I am having difficulty rating this one. It’s definitely B GRADE, but I enjoyed it.

Guess that makes it an ideal punchcard filler!

I Recommend This Game!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Island of Death: Demons and Despair Empty Re: Island of Death: Demons and Despair

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:53 am

PS. The earlier game released the day before this one was "Mysteries Of The Undead", which was also being trapped on an island with zombies. I'll put up my review for it in a couple of minutes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:55 am