Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Hallowed Legends 3: Ship of Bones

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Hallowed Legends 3: Ship of Bones Empty Hallowed Legends 3: Ship of Bones

Post by genkicoll Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:52 am

Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones
    by Elephant Games - February, 2013

Series links:  Hallowed Legends 1: Samhain, Hallowed Legends 2: Templar, Hallowed Legends 3: Ship of Bones

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition /

Hallowed Legends 3: Ship of Bones Hallowed-legends-ship-of-bones-ce_feature

You’ve just crash-landed near the village of Erlenbourg, where a ghostly figure has been stealing souls. Follow the trail of the mysterious woman in white and discover the secret behind her terrible task! Once you find the Book of Fire, you’ll have fun matching its relics to the game world, in a special added feature of Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones.

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Bonus game sending the woman in white home again
    • Concept art and wallpaper
    • Screensavers and soundtracks

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge
    Hallowed Legends 3: Ship of Bones Th_screen1 Hallowed Legends 3: Ship of Bones Th_screen2Hallowed Legends 3: Ship of Bones Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Hallowed Legends 3: Ship of Bones Empty Re: Hallowed Legends 3: Ship of Bones

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:19 am

Seems Hel Is Freezing Over After All  
    Sunny Sunny SunnySunny Sunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Interesting, Engrossing, & Beautiful

I loved the opening video to this game, but I’m blowed if I understand its relevance to the story that follows. The story was handled particularly well, I thought. Not just dialogue, but also video, notes and narration from the ‘respected Raven’ Hamlet, spread out well throughout the game. Never boring, even on my second playing. I like what this series does with slightly exotic legends, adding a little credibility to the story through recognisable bad guys.

Everyone else has told you how beautiful this game certainly is, its graphics, cutscenes and sound content are all first class. Have just finished my second playing, and I’m as thrilled as the first. And tired – this is a long game. There weren’t so many locations, but there was a lot to do in each, with plenty of interactive HOs and new, intriguing but not overly difficult puzzles.

Some of what makes this game special is the Book Of Fire. Not only is it an invaluable weapon against this icy goddess, it comes with a new type of mini-game that is excellent fun. I hope to see more of it. The game also has few of the usual clichés – I’m not sure, but I think there was only code to collect.

Although it has no journal, it’s not missed, and the interactive jump map will get you where you need to go.

Bonus Content Review

Bonus game play was short (about 25% of the main game), included 4 new locations and 7 old ones (but they were all radically altered). The story itself is a little odd, more fanciful than the main game, but fun anyway. I’m glad I bought the CE.

The other extras included are:

Strategy Guide – very good. I didn’t use it often, but to push for all the achievements, I used it instead of Hint

Achievements – The usual

Collectible Goblins – Not easy to find, 22 in all, one per scene. Last page of SG will give locations.

Wallpaper (excellent), Screensaver, Concept Art, Music

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am