Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Honoring Our Troops

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Honoring Our Troops Empty Honoring Our Troops

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Today is a special day.  It is 9/11, and the 11th anniversary of the attack on our own soil that took so many lives and started a war.  For the next day or two, I'd like to keep our stories about the brave soldiers, firemen, doctors, nurses, and nameless heroes that devote their lives to our safety and freedom.

The following link will take you to a tribute written and presented by a local DJ, Daria Eliuk of the Daria, Mitch, and Ted radio program on 105.1 the Buzz.  I heard this tribute last year, and it nearly brought me to tears.  When I heard it again, today, it did exactly the same thing.

The audio is what's important here, and if you don't have seven minutes to devote to sitting and watching the video, turn it on and listen whilst you do chores or something.  I really do highly recommend listening.

9/11 Tribute:

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GIs1stluv
    GIs1stluv

Honoring Our Troops Empty Re: Honoring Our Troops

Post by GIs1stluv Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Thank you for posting this Genki. I'm sorry I missed it until now.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:05 pm

Today is Veteran's Day, a day to honor our service men and women, and to thank them for serving our country.  I highly recommend listening to the video I've added to post #1.  It is so poignant and heartfelt.

To all veterans and current service wo/men, a most heartfelt thank you Offering

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:35 am