Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal

genkicoll
    genkicoll

immortal - The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal Empty The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal

Post by genkicoll Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:04 pm

The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal
    by DominiGames

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC
    GameHouse
    iWin

immortal - The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal Worlds-legends-kashchey-immortal_feature

Help the young Tsarevich save his dear mother in this exciting Hidden Object game, The World's Legends: Kashchey The Immortal! The evil sorcerer, Kashchey has kidnapped the Tsaritsa and brought her to the Kingdom Beyond the Ends of the Earth. The eldest and middle sons went searching for her and since vanished without a trace. Now with his father’s blessing, it is time for the youngest son to set out on his quest. If the spriit of a warrior is with him, he shall not fear his path. Only then will he be able to find his dear mother and conquer the evil-doer!

• Gorgeous graphics
    • 3 Modes of Difficulty
    • Ancient Russian fairy tale atmosphere

Click images to enlarge
    immortal - The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal Th_screen1 immortal - The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal Th_screen2 immortal - The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:56 am; edited 3 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

immortal - The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal Empty Re: The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal

Post by genkicoll Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:17 pm

The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal (IHOG)

I am at a loss to explain why this game is getting slammed so harshly. The graphics are quite nice, there are three difficulty levels, the intro has a voice over, the gameplay varied, interactive HOG scenes, adventure portions... I just can't find anything that would explain the chilly reaction it's getting!

There is a rechargeable hint (unless you choose the hardest difficulty), which will show you which direction you need to go (in the adventure portion) without discharging the hint.

The music is OK, but I needed to turn it down after a while - easy enough since there are separate sliders for music and sound immortal - The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal 2981382511

The storyline is a bit thin - why would we be chopping off locks and breaking windows when there are plenty of people around - but it suffices. It's a game, and what fun would it be if we didn't do things for ourselves? immortal - The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal 364988687

There is no misclick penalty.

The cursor is HUGE, but somehow it's not distracting. There is an option to use the normal cursor if you can't stand it.

There are some anachronisms, unfortunately. This is supposed to be an "ancient" atmosphere, and while there are no technological items (such as TV's or cell phones), there are still things like modern paint brushes and safety pins. Ah well, at least there's nothing too jarringly out-of-place.

The puzzles are for the most part very easy - hopefully they're a bit tougher on the highest level of challenge (I'm playing right in the middle).

Every hidden object scene you play can be re-played via the main menu by choosing the "Free Game" button.

This is not an outstanding, must-have-right-this-second game, but it is pleasant, and does not deserve the horrible ratings it's been getting.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm