Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+12
pippi
Frodo
tesamoine
RenaissanceMom
Sportygal2009
JustTheFacts
kac
Ghostly
luvtoread
_DD_
tweetypie
genkicoll
16 posters

Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

tesamoine
    tesamoine

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 32 Empty Re: Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

Post by tesamoine Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:43 pm

I also had bought Mexicana awhile back at iwin.  I see they are offering that clown game.  I remember I did beta it, but don't remember a lot about it.  Anything with a creepy clown though cant be half bad.  (Well, maybe it can, but it's worth the trial).  And I agree... what is up with the games BF is putting out lately. Not sure how many match 3 games one can have or want.  I think I have 2 and I use then for my brainless moments to unwind enough after work to sleep.  I loved your review, btw, JTF of Mexicana.  I did not know there WAS a map LOL.   D\\'oh!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 32 Empty Re: Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:26 pm

I didn't find it till almost the end of the trial either! lol
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:02 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the CE of Off the Record 2: The Italian Affair, and if you buy today or tomorrow, you can get the first game in the series and/or Sea of Lies: Mutiny of the Heart for $2.99 each by using the code RECORD.  Today only you can get the CE of Mayan Prophecies 2: Cursed Island for $6.99 by using the code CURSED.  The Daily Deal is Chicken Invaders 4: Ultimate Omelette Easter Edition.

GameHouse and iWin both have Sky High Farm today, and Alawar has the CE of Dark Strokes 2: The Legend of the Snow Kingdom.  Snowfall 

Steam's Daily Deal is Beat Hazard for $4.99, and GamersGate's is F1 2012 for $6.25.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:52 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the Standard Edition of Dark Tales 6: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher, and the Daily Deal is Easter Eggztravaganza 2.

GameHouse now has TV Farm 2, and iWin has gotten Riddle of the Mask.

Steam's Daily Deal is Next Car Game for $20.09, and GamersGate's is Dominions 3: The Awakening for $4.99.

Happy gaming~!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:29 am

TheTGT at Big Fish is New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia, and there is a soft release of The Ultimate Easter Puzzler.  The Daily Deal is 100% Hidden Objects, and it's a 1/2 off retail sale at Big Fish, with $9.99 CE's using the code HUNT, and $4.99 SE's using the code SAVE.

GameHouse has a dual release of Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 and Holiday Jigsaw EASTER, and iWin has The Treasures of Montezuma Ultimate Pack, which includes all four games in the series.

The Daily Deal at Steam is Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition for $2.99, and GamersGate's is Alan Wake's American Nightmare for $2.50.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:22 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the SE of Final Cut 3: Homage, and there is a soft release of Holiday Jigsaw EASTER. The Daily Deal is The Secret Order 2: Masked Intent.

Nothing new at GameHouse today, but through tomorrow, you can get 50% off any game using the code EASTER2014.

iWin now has Mystery Expedition: Prisoners of Ice.

Steam's Daily Deal is Retro City Rampage for $0.99, and GamersGate's is Sword of the Stars: The Pit for $2.50.

Happy gaming~!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:32 am

Argh!! Oh no!! Two more games I have to have! NOW! Argh!!! And they're not even all that cheap. I don't know how I ended up there (I'm sure it's genki's fault I did though), but I found myself on Steam's Van Helsing II promo page, where you could pre-order it for a 10% discount. Looked interesting, so thought I'd take a quick squiz at the first one. Oh dear! They have a demo for that, don't they? (2.9GB demo!) And me not being able to play bfg games due to certain 4 legged saboteurs destroying a power cable... after the impossibly long download, I tried the game.

It is fabulous!!  Happy bounce Just the sort of thing I used to play in the good/bad old days. But 100 times better visually! And voiceovers! Yay!  Yahoo! Am in heaven, except, for these piddling  Whistle (hee hee) little 100 hour games, I have to pay $15!! Each!!! And you know me, ever the miser. Is absolutely great value, in terms of $ per hour fun, but have been so spoiled!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 am

Ahahaha *snort, wheeze* Yeah, $15 for a game is a lot for us penny-pinchers (who do so by necessity), but you deserve a treat now and then, and like you said, it's a GREAT value for the money!  By the way, you've made me very happy!  My husband picked up a Van Helsing game for me at a garage sale -- for a dollar! OH!  -- and now I know I may even like it! Laugh

On to today's releases~!

The TGT at Big Fish is Iron Sea Defenders.  I won't bother making a topic since we don't seem to have any tower defense fans here, but you can always speak up if you want one!  There's a soft release of Zombie Jewel, and while I love quirky games, the simplistic graphics on this one are throwing me off a bit.  Looks more like a half-assed attempt at a Halloween game, but I'm probably selling it short!  The Daily Deal is Secrets of the Dark 3: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate, and the Catch of the Week is Mystery of the Ancients 2: Curse of the Black Water.

The special deal for today and tomorrow is New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia bundle sale.  Buy today or tomorrow and get Lost Lands: Dark Overlord and/or Hidden Expedition 6: Smithsonian Hope Diamond for $2.99 each using the code MAFIA.

GameHouse now has Fill and Cross: World Contest, and iWin has The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths.  I want this one -- I like the looks of it! Snicker

Steam's Daily Deal is Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars for $5.09, and GamersGate's Spring Sale starts today.  I recommend just heading over and checking it out -- too many games to list here!

Happy gaming~! Happy bounce
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:33 pm

You must like a lot of blood! (although, you can turn the blood off!  OH! ) It is very much a kill-monsters kind of game. Frantically clicking through battles where 20 werewolves attack simultaneously but your charming and beautiful companion turns from sweet lady into raging monster ghost who eats them all up faster than you can click on them lol. Evil Grin Lots of stats on skills, equipment, inventory etc. and great dialogues!!! The best. Witty and sarcastic and everything except charming  Snicker 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:00 am

I don't like the blood Carrie  so I'd definitely have to turn that off!

The TGT at Big Fish is Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House, and wow... just wow.  There are only two reviews at the moment, but they both gave it a single  1star  Once again they've made an Alawar game a soft release, this time Shtriga: Summer Camp.  Hmph! Yeah right Took 'em long enough -- the game came out in January!  I hope they're not going to make this a trend!  I do love me some Alawar games!  There is a second soft release, which is Mahjong Easter.  It says it's a "solitaire version of Mahjong" and it doesn't look like 8Floor for once... Silly face  The Daily Deal is Victorian Mysteries 2: The Yellow Room.  Today and tomorrow THESE GAMES are on sale -- Get CE's for $7.99 using the code FELIX, and SE's for $3.99 using the code FAVES.

GameHouse has Sweet Shop Rush today, and Alawar has two: Admiral Nemo and MonstaFish; both arcade games.

Steam's Daily Deal is Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines for $4.99, and GamersGate's Spring Sale 24-hour deals are for games by SEGA.

Happy gaming~!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:27 pm

Shtriga Summer Camp looks interesting.  Might get that with a coupon code.   Okay
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:22 pm

Yep, frodo, good for a coupon. Not spectacularly scary, but not bad. Mainly HOGs but if I remember properly, it did have a bit of adventure as well.  Very basic though.

I almost missed the Felix Favs promo! So frustrated at not being able to play bfg games, went to bed early, didn't even check what was the promo. 11pm bfg time, 2pm the next day for me, I glance in my inbox and there is an email from BFG. Usually just delete them, but had a look. YAY! Got Off the Record 2, really didn't want to have to get another CE to get a good overall price. Worked very nicely, got paid today, too.  Elk grin 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:50 am

Well that worked out well, then! Happy bounce

The TGT at Big Fish is The Beardless Wizard, and the Daily Deal is Royal Settlement 1450.

GameHouse now has the Platinum Edition of Jane Angel 2 - Fallen Heaven, and iWin has Private Eye, which looks like a junk pile HOG.

Steam's Daily Deal is Skullgirls for $7.49, and GamersGate's Spring Sale 24-hour deals are for games by Paradox Interactive.  Oh, and they're having 12-hour flash sales, too!  Just follow the sale link above Wink

Happy gaming~!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:07 am

played demo of Jane Angel 2, didn't excite me, but I'll put up some notes when I get myself together
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:01 am

JustTheFacts wrote:played demo of Jane Angel 2, didn't excite me, but I'll put up some notes when I get myself together

Yeah... That's what I was afraid of.  Rolling Eyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The TGT at Big Fish is the CE of Grim Facade 4: A Wealth of Betrayal, and if you buy today, you can get any or all of the previous games in the series for $2.99 each using the code FACADE.  There is a soft release of Disharmony Blocks II, which looks surprisingly fun, and the Daily Deal is Trade Mania 2.

GameHouse now has Plagiarii, and iWin has both The Beardless Wizard and 1001 Jigsaw Earth Chronicles.

Alawar now has Echoes of Sorrow 2.

Steam's Daily Deal is SpellForce 2 for $9.99, and GamersGate's Spring Sale continues, with 24-hour deals on games by Focus Interactive, and multiple 12-hour deals.

Happy gaming~! Happy bounce
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:38 am

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:49 am

Nice! Okay  Thanks, Frodo!

The TGT at Big Fish is Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones, and there is a soft release of Sparkle Unleashed (anyone like Marble Poppers?  Dunno   )  The Daily Deal is Vampire Secrets: Eternal Love, and don't miss the deal that Frodo posted above this! 

GameHouse now has The Beardless Wizard (three days in a row?  Couldn't the portals have all released on the same day, hm? Silly face  )

Steam's Daily Deal is Risk of Rain for $3.39, and GamersGate's Spring Sale has 24-hour deals on games by Electronic Arts (EA) and there are 8 hours left on deals for the Atari catalog and Amnesia 2.

Happy gaming! consolegaming

Last edited by genkicoll on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    heleanthia
    heleanthia

Post by heleanthia Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:21 am

sad....this says(in Canada, anyway) that this is only for first time purchasers....
    thanks anyway!
    Smile
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:33 am

heleanthia wrote:
    sad....this says(in Canada, anyway) that this is only for first time purchasers....
    thanks anyway!
    Smile

Oh, I'm sorry Heleanthia.  The email\newsletter didn't specify first time purchasers.  And I already had the game, so I couldn't check it.   Huh? 
    http://www.yrjie.com/newsletter/newsletter606.html
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:19 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the CE of The Secret Order 3: Ancient Times, and the Daily Deal is PuppetShow 5: Destiny Undone.  Use the code FIND199 to get every second CE for $1.99. Y'all don't forget about Ebates if you're participating!  Evil Grin 

Today iWin has two: Family Vacation: California and the Youda Legacy Pack (Youda Mystery: The Stanwick Legacy & Legacy Tales: Mercy of the Gallows.)

Alawar now has Tales From the Dragon Mountain 1: The Strix.

Steam's Daily Deal is Sleeping Dogs for $3.99, and GamersGate's Spring Sale has 24-hour deals on games by Square Enix, plus there are 5+ hours left on deals for Evy Magic Spheres and 1954 Alcatraz.

Happy gaming!
    _DD_
    _DD_

Post by _DD_ Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:06 pm

genkicoll wrote:Alawar now has Tales From the Dragon Mountain 1: The Strix.

Funny enough, Alawar only offers game nr 2 in the series, not the first; also check their link. Smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:18 am

Whoops! Embarrassed  Thanks for the catch, DD!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The TGT at Big Fish is the SE of Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams.  Funny, I don't remember anything about this one!  The Daily Deal is Phenomenon 2: Meteorite.

iWin has the Ultimate Match-3 Pack 8-in-1 (The Snow Fable, Sticky Linky, Alice and the Magic Gardens, Enchanted Cavern, Enchanted Cavern 2, Heroes of Hellas, Heroes of Hellas 2: Olympia, and Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens.) OH!  Nice pack!

Steam's Daily Deal is Don't Starve for $5.09, and GamersGate's Spring Sale has 24-hour deals on games by Codemasters, plus there are 4+ hours left on deals for Might & Magic X Legacy and Sniper Elite games.

Happy gaming~!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:47 am

The TGT at Big Fish is Tales from the Dragon Mountain 2: The Lair, the Daily Deal is Lunch Rush HD, and the Catch of the Week is Mysteries of the Mind: Coma.  If you buy The Secret Order 3: Ancient Times today or tomorrow, you can get either or both of the previous games in the series for $2.99 each using the code SECRET.

GameHouse now has Fantasy Mosaics 2, and iWin has the arcade game Aquanoid 2 Reloaded.

Steam's Daily Deal is Metal Slug 3 for $3.99, and GamersGate's Spring Sale has 24-hour deals on games by Kalypso, plus 8+ hours left of Supreme Commander 2 and Quantum Conundrum.

Happy gaming~!
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Need to get Fantasy Mosaics 2   Smile
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:14 am

Install Awakening Kingdoms before the end of 29 April (today), and get 60% off your next game.   Happy bounce 

http://www.bigfishgames.com/promotions/awakening-kingdoms.html?npc=web&npv1=2014April29AKAcquisition_2014Apr29&npv2=prm&npv3=overlay&npi=2014April29AKAcquisition_2014Apr29prmoverlay 

Rewards will be given out the week of 5 May.   Evil Grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm