Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+12
pippi
Frodo
tesamoine
RenaissanceMom
Sportygal2009
JustTheFacts
kac
Ghostly
luvtoread
_DD_
tweetypie
genkicoll
16 posters

Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 18 Empty Re: Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

Post by genkicoll Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:01 am

The TGT at Big Fish is Left in the Dark: No One on Board, which came out at ArtifexMundi earlier this month.  This one is by Moonrise Interactive, and not faring so well with the reviewers at BF Sweat drop  We have a soft release of the match-3 The Snow (also out at iWin today,) and conversely, this one is getting a full 5-star rating!  The Daily Deal is Lost Inca Prophecy 2: The Hollow Island, and the special deal today is 25% off all games using the code SAVEBIG.

GameHouse now has When in Rome.

Besides The Snow, iWin also has gotten the Collector's Edition of European Mystery: Scent of Desire.

Steam's Daily Deal is Dungeon Siege Complete Pack for $4.99, as well as God Mode for $3.39.  GamersGate's deal is 3079 for $3.75.

Happy gaming~! Sunny
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 18 Empty Re: Games, Games, Games! So Many Games! (News)

Post by genkicoll Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:21 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the much-anticipated (by me, anyway!) Collector's Edition of Sable Maze 2: Norwich Caves.  It's getting mixed reviews, but I'll make up my own mind, thank you very much Laugh  The Daily Deal is Slingo Quest, and the bonus deal is the Collector's Edition of Midnight Mysteries 3: Devil on the Mississippi for $6.99 using the code MIDNIGHT.

The Snow is out at GameHouse and Alawar today, and Alawar also got the Collector's Edition of Namariel Legends: Iron Lord.

iWin has two today:  2D Knifflis, which is a "puzzle adventure" -- the screens I saw were match-3 and Sudoku -- and the Collector's Edition of Phenomenon 2: Meteorite.

You might have seen that Solitaire Mystery: Four Seasons (with HOS and Puzzles) came out at Playrix yesterday.  Looks good!  I'll wait for it to go on sale, though Wink

Steam's Daily Deal is Cities in Motion 2 for $4.99, and GamersGate's is Cities in Motion 2 for $4.99, also!  You can also get Dwarf Quest at GG for $2.00 OH!

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:35 am

The TGT at Big Fish the Standard Edition of Mystery Trackers 5: Silent Hollow, and the Daily Deal is
    TV Farm.  The Sable Maze 2: Norwich Caves deal is one -- buy today and get the first Sable Maze, and/or Whispered Secrets: The Story of Tideville for $2.99 each using the code NORWICH.

GameHouse now has the Tower Defense Skeleton Pirates, which AvgSpock had high praise for (review HERE.)

iWin now has Dracula 4: The Shadow of the Dragon.

Steam's Daily Deal is Aliens: Colonial Marines for $4.99, and GamersGate's is Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $4.99.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:24 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the Collector's Edition of Sea of Lies: Mutiny of the Heart, which is currently getting a full 5-star rating!  The Daily Deal is Redemption Cemetery 1: Curse of the Raven (good game!) and the weekend deal is a Labor Day sale -- 50% off all games.  For CE's use the code LABORDAY, for SE's use the code WORKERS... and don't forget about Ebates!

GameHouse now as Slingshot Puzzle, and iWin has gotten the Collector's Edition of Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost.

Steam's Daily Deal is Hotline Miami for $2.49, and GamersGate's is DMC - Devil May Cry for $24.98.

Happy gaming!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:45 am

What's an Ebate? sounds promising!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:47 am

Ebates is GREAT!  Get 5% cash back on all of your Big Fish purchases!  Check out the topic here:
    Get Cash Back on your Big Fish Game Purchases!

The TGT at Big Fish is the Standard Edition of Forest Legends: The Call of Love, and the Daily Deal is Inbetween Land.

Nothing new at GH or Alawar, but iWin now has the Standard Edition of Dark Tales 4: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug.

Steam's Daily Deal is Grid 2 for $24.99, and GamersGate's are Gentrieve 2 for $3.40, and Dwarf Quest is still on sale for $2.00.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:25 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the match-3 Lost in Reefs 2, which is getting fantastic reviews at the moment.  The Daily Deal is Jar of Marbles II: Journey to the West, and the Catch of the Week is
    Rite of Passage 1: The Perfect Show.  It's Bonus Punch Monday, and the weekend deal *might* still be running -- worth checking if there's something you're wanting!

GameHouse now has the puzzle-adventure classic, Safecracker.

iWin has a dual release of the International Romance Bundle (Dream Day Wedding: Bella Italia and Mahong Memoirs) and the Collector's Edition of Small Town Terrors 2: Pilgrim's Hook.

Steam's Daily Deal is Skulls of the Shotgun for $7.49, and GamersGate's is Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter Nights Complete for $8.99.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:22 am

The TGT at Big Fish is Treasure Island: The Golden Bug, which is getting blasted by the reviewers.  Not surprising since it's an HdO game, but JustTheFacts took the time to write up a great review, so I started a topic for her to post it in Wink  The Daily Deal is Snark Busters 2: All Revved Up.  All Eipix games are 50% off what we'd normally pay (members save more) today and tomorrow using the code EIPIX.

GameHouse now has IGT Slots Lil' Lady, and iWin has another dual release, this time Ball Buster Collection (a 3D brick-breaker) and the HipSoft Hits Bundle.

Alawar now has the marble popper Evy: Magic Spheres.

Steam's Daily Deal is Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition for $4.99, and GamersGate's is WRC3 for $20.00.

Happy gaming~!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:19 am

Good morning, all Sunny

The TGT at Big Fish is Dance of Death, which is getting some mixed reviews at the moment.  There is a soft release of IGT Slots Aztec Temple, and the Daily Deal is Monument Builders 3: Statue of Liberty.  The Eipix 1/2 price sale is still going for the rest of today.

GameHouse now has Echoes of Sorrow 2... shocking that they would get an Alawar game BEFORE Big Fish! OH!  Unusual as it is, this kind of thing seems to be happening more and more often. Hmm... Hmm...

iWin has gotten the Collector's Edition of Azada 4: Elementa, as well as Heroes from the Past:  Joan of Arc.

Steam's Daily Deal is Lord of the Rings: War in the North for $4.99, and GamersGate's is MUD FIM Motocross for $20.00.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:14 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the Collector's Edition of Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt, and speedy Justie's already got her review in the thread! OH!  There's a soft release of Joining Hands 2, and the Daily Deal is Mahjong World Contest.  The special deal today is the Collector's Edition of Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek for $6.99 using the code GHOSTS.

GameHouse now has Sparkling Amber, and iWin has Evy: Magic Spheres.

Steam's Daily Deal is Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes for $13.60, and GamersGate's is Darksiders II for $10.49.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:33 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the Standard Edition of Nearwood, and the Daily Deal is Escape From Thunder Island.  There's a bundle deal on Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt -- buy the CE today and get Chimeras: Tune of Revenge (LOVE Heart  this game!) and/or Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love for $2.99 each using the code RIDDLES.

GameHouse now has the match-3 In Search Of Treasure - Pirate Stories, and iWin has gotten Echoes of Sorrow 2 (again, BEFORE Big Fish! OH!  )

Alawar now has Slingshot Puzzle.

Steam's Daily Deal is Sanctum 2 for $5.09, and GamersGate's is Painkiller Hell & Damnation Collectors Edition for $7.49.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:25 am

Good morning, folks Smile

The TGT at Big Fish is the Collector's Edition of Royal Envoy 3: Campaign for the Crown (about time!)  Unless you have credits laying around that you're waiting to use, you can still get the CE directly from Playrix for $5.99 HERE.  The Daily Deal is Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring.  It's a Buy-One-Get-One-for-$0.99 weekend on SE's this weekend, just use the code 99CENTS.  Also, get Collector's Editions for $9.99 each using the code CLASSIFIED.

GameHouse now has NiBiRu: Age of Secrets, which some of you have already been talking about Big smile  I even got the Big Fish link added in there, now! Belly laugh

iWin has two today:  Fitness Bustle: Energy Boost and The Secret Order 2: Masked Intent.

Steam's Daily Deal is Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army for $4.49, and GamersGate's is Pyrodactyl Pack Bundle for $1.60.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:44 am

Both of the releases at Big Fish are getting slammed, so I don't know whether to bother making topics for them!  The TGT is Magic Time, a match-3/puzzle hybrid, and the soft release is My Singing Monsters, a TM with graphics that are both sugary sweet and disturbing Shock  The Daily Deal is Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends.

iWin now has In Search of Treasure: Pirate Story, and Alawar has Asian Mahjong.

Steam's Daily Deal is Far Cry 3 for for $19.99, and GamersGate's is still Pyrodactyl Pack Bundle for $1.60 (how unusual!)

Happy gaming!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:00 am

Singing Monsters is a F2P. That's enough to rule me out of even downloading it to try. I don't like those sort of games at all.

At midnight, they had Prague Legends as TGT and I was feeling browned off about it, because I didn't like the idea that bfg were rereleasing games.

It's a game I really disliked anyway.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:58 am

Humph Suspect  the fact that Singing Monsters is an F2P is enough reason not to start a topic!  Thanks for the info, I'd completely missed that!
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:17 pm

Well I'm gonna have to be in the minority on the F2P games. I'd never even heard of them until they were first announced coming to Big Fish and I was far from impressed. Having said this... Just because it's something I didn't like doesn't mean they shouldn't be offered.  This was before I had face book because I didn't want anything to do with that and if it wasn't for my sister in law well I wouldn't be on face book but now that I'm there FOR ME it's not that bad. I do like SOME of the F2P games. It's all about finding the ones with the right game mechanics is the best I know how to describe it. 

These games weren't designed to be played hours on end but some of them I got about an hour before I ran out of energy or whatever the game required. I find these games to be nice when I either don't have the time or I just simply don't want to get too involved in a game. Play a little and then come back and play some more. On face book I did have a few running at one time. As I said play a little come back and play some more.

My favorite is Farmville 2 on face book. I've been playing this since December I believe as I signed up for face book November of last year. I haven't spent ANY money on this game and I'm at level 52 now. I think it's kinda neat to have friends/family help you along. I did miss some of the goals but you can still go forward in the game.

The only one I ever spent money on was Farm Up at Big Fish. I bought some gold. I only spent the amount of a CE. No more than that and not because I felt I HAD to but I wanted to support the developer.

Do they want people to spend money on these games? Absolutely. Of course! I won't deny that.

I'm definitely NOT trying to change anyone's mind but this is just my opinion on the F2P games. Oh and yes I've come across some I didn't care for.
    Zip it
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:30 pm

I made a thread asking if anyone cared to have topics for the F2P's, and the resounding answer at the time was NO.  If anyone wants topics, I'll start making them, so just holler, and they will appear!
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:44 pm

genkicoll wrote:I made a thread asking if anyone cared to have topics for the F2P's, and the resounding answer at the time was NO.  If anyone wants topics, I'll start making them, so just holler, and they will appear!
    This must of been before my arrival here but if I'm the only one who likes these kind of games here then I don't think it's necessary to start a topic on it but that is totally up to you. This is your board. Smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:33 pm

If you have reviews or comments, then they get their own threads, no questions asked.  Just let me know, and I'll start postin' Sunny
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:13 am

The TGT at Big Fish is Magic Cauldron Chaos, which came out at GH a couple of months ago.  These graphics aren't nearly as nice as the ones in The Tiny Tale, so I don't know what BF was giving Running Pillow such a hard time about :dry:The Daily Deal is The TimeBuilders: Pyramid Rising 2 (Why don't I have topics for these?? OH!  Must remedy that... ) and the Catch of the Week is Flux Family Secrets 3: The Book of Oracles.  The Royal Envoy 3: Campaign for the Crown bundle deal is now on -- Buy today or tomorrow and get either or both of the previous games in the series for $2.99 each using the code ROYAL.

Nothing new at GameHouse or Alawar, but iWin now has the Collector's Edition of Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix.

Steam's Daily Deal is DCS: A-10C Warthog - DLC for $11.99, and GamersGate's is Sango 2 for $7.49.

Happy gaming! Sunny
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:16 am

The TGT at Big Fish is Jane Austen's: Estate of Affairs, and the Daily Deal is Mystika: Between Light and Shadow.

GameHouse now has IGT Slots Texas Tea, and while there's nothing new at iWin, Alawar has gotten Jewel Legends: Atlantis.

Steam's Daily Deal is Viking: Battle for Asgard for $3.74, and GamersGate's is Dungeon Lords MMXII for $3.75.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:53 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the SE of Echoes of the Past 5: The Kingdom of Despair, and there is also a soft release of 3D Puzzle Venture.  The Daily Deal is I Spy: Spooky Mansion (fun, but definitely made to be played with the kids!)  Today only, get any game for half off the members' price -- For Collector's Editions, use code BIG; for Standard Editions, use code DEAL... and don't forget about Ebates (cash back is a wonderful thing!)

GameHouse has a dual release, kind of.  They're showing the SE of Barn Yarn as one of the new ones, but I already had the info in the game thread, meaning that they released it a while ago. Stars   The other game is Treasure Masters, Inc. - The Lost City.

iWin now has the match-3 Laruaville.

Steam's Daily Deal is Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box for $4.99, and GamersGate's is Pahelika: Revelations for $3.49.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:58 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the Collector's Edition of Flights of Fancy: Two Doves, which is currently getting a full 5-star rating.  The Daily Deal is Farm Frenzy Pizza Party, and the special deal of the day is the Collector's Edition of Haunted Hotel 4: Charles Dexter Ward for $6.99 using the code HOTEL.

Both GameHouse and iWin have gotten Happy Chef 2 today, and there are two additional releases at iWin: Apothecarium: Renaissance of Evil and the Fantastic Finds Triple Pack, which features Autumn’s Treasures: The Jade Coin, Annie’s Millions, and Alice’s Magical Mahjong.

Alawar now has the Collector's Edition of Forest Legends: The Call of Love.

Steam's Daily Deal is Carrier Command: Gaea Mission for $8.24, and GamersGate's is Hearts of Iron III for $2.50.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:46 am

Tch~  When I loaded up Big Fish this morning I was thinking, "Ah!  An SE-only game, how rare!  Wonder how it's faring..." only to see poor reviews... and then noticing that it's an F2P! Yeah right  Ah well... Rumbi over at the Pub had some nice things to say about it, so hopefully will pop over and post in the Rooms of Memory topic.  The Daily Deal is Maestro 1: Music of Death , and the Flights of Fancy: Two Doves bundle deal is now on -- buy today and get Reality Show: Fatal Shot and/or Phantasmat: Crucible Peak for $2.99 each using the code FLIGHTS.

GameHouse now has Fort Defense, and iWin has gotten the prequel to the Laxius Force series, 3 Stars of Destiny.

Steam's Daily Deal is Medal of Honor for $4.99, and GamersGate's is Victoria II: Heart of Darkness Expansion for $5.00.

Happy gaming!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:15 am

The TGT at Big Fish is the Collector's Edition of Dark Cases: The Blood Ruby, and the Daily Deal is Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty.  All CE's are on sale for $8.99 this weekend using the code BEACHES.

GameHouse now has Sushi Bar Express, and they're having a weekend sale, too, with all games 30% off using the code CLOCK30.

iWin has a new one called Guardian Alliance, which is either a tower-defense or arcade game... or a combination?  Not really sure... Games, Games, Games!  So Many Games! (News) - Page 18 Tuzki-bunny-emoticon-026

Alawar now has the arcade-puzzle game Webbies.

Steam's Daily Deal is Kerbal Space Program (early access) for $13.79, and GamersGate's is Sword of the Stars: The Pit for $2.50.

Happy gaming! Sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 am