Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Grim Facade 2: Sinister Obsession

genkicoll
    genkicoll

grim - Grim Facade 2: Sinister Obsession Empty Grim Facade 2: Sinister Obsession

Post by genkicoll Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:27 am

Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession
    by ERS

Series links: Grim Facade 1: Mystery of Venice, Grim Facade 2: Sinister Obsession, Grim Facade 3: Cost of Jealousy, Grim Facade 4: A Wealth of Betrayal, Grim Facade 5: The Artist and The Pretender, Grim Facade 6: Hidden Sins

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition

grim - Grim Facade 2: Sinister Obsession Grim-facade-sinister-obsession-ce_feature

In Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession, you have been summoned to a lush vineyard by the maid of a wealthy family. When  you arrive, the frightened girl hands you a mysterious diary that reveals the murders of three women – but who is the  murderer? Signs point to a member of the Conti family, yet Signor Conti and his sons are away… As you delve deeper  into your investigation, you realize that all is not as it seems on this rural Italian estate. Can you uncover the  truth before you become the next page in the killer’s diary?

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus Content
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Concept Art

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge
    grim - Grim Facade 2: Sinister Obsession Th_screen1_grim - Grim Facade 2: Sinister Obsession Th_screen2_grim - Grim Facade 2: Sinister Obsession Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

grim - Grim Facade 2: Sinister Obsession Empty Re: Grim Facade 2: Sinister Obsession

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:20 am

Wine, Women & Madness

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

This is the second in the Grim Facade series, and differs significantly from the first, although superficially this is not obvious.

It is an ERS game, so the GRAPHICS have a HAND-DRAWN WATERCOLOUR look, are CLEAR, DETAILED and BEAUTIFUL to look at. I didn’t much enjoy the MUSIC but the AMBIENT SOUND was GREAT.

But it is NOT primarily an HO game. It does have 3 types of HOS, MULTIPLES OF, INTERACTIVE LISTS & PROGRESSIVE SILHOUETTES (get this to do that...). There are more PUZZLES than usual, with some INTERESTING NEW TWISTS thrown in, and a FAIRLY EASY ADVENTURE component, that constitutes are LARGE part of the GAMEPLAY.

There is NO MAP which is a shame, because the locations do get a bit confusing at times, and there is a certain amount of BACKTRACKING involved. HINT is the standard unhelpful “try elsewhere”. You COLLECT beautiful fans for EXTRA HINTS. And COLLECTIBLE COINS are needed to purchase items from the local store, and PROGRESS in the game. There is a NOTEBOOK as well, but it’s not very helpful with GAMEPLAY. And the SG is GOOD, going into quite a lot of detail where necessary to explain a puzzle.

The STORY gets more INTRIGUING as you go along. You are brought in to discover if there is a MURDERER on the Conti Estate, in the Italian wine growing region. The maid gives you what appears to be the DIARY of a KILLER, which says there are 3 women dead already. All signs suggest the murderer is one of the three Conti brothers.

You do indeed turn up bodies, and the story flows well, but flashes of a scene involving the father and his sons make the investigation seem even more INTERESTING and UNEXPECTED. The telling of this tale is UNUSUAL, because those flashes are all the insight we get into the goings on at the estate. It would have been nice to be able to replay these CUTSCENES, because I was a bit confused about the facts throughout the game, right up to and including the final scene. The NOTEBOOK offers little, but is all the further explanation you get.

BONUS CONTENT

The BONUS CHAPTER EXPLAINS all that has led up to the ENDING of the main game. It is quite LENGTHY & ENJOYABLE, and uses NEW LOCATIONS. However, there are more HOS than PUZZLES here, and the HOS are all INTERACTIVE LISTS. Again, the STORY is not obvious, you must work out a lot from the little you get, and at the end I still have questions.

As well as the SG, we have the usual GALLERY of WALLPAPERS, SCREENSAVERS, CONCEPT ART & MUSIC.

Originally, this was my least favourite of the Grim Facade series, but IT GROWS on you, and this my third playing, I really enjoyed it.

Would I buy the SE or the CE? I think, weighing everything, this is a BETTER BUY as a STANDARD EDITION.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 am