Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Fierce Tales 1: The Dog's Heart

Fierce Tales 1: The Dog's Heart

Post by genkicoll on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart
    by Blam! Games - June, 2012

Series links: Fierce Tales 1: The Dog's Heart, Fierce Tales 2: Marcus' Memory, Fierce Tales 3: Feline Sight

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

The citizens of Houndspoint have always loved and trusted their canine companions, but a recent wave of coordinated attacks by a pack of strange dogs has thrown the snowy mountain town into a state of fear. After your beloved dog, Pippa, is kidnapped by the creatures, you vow to discover the cause of the sudden attacks and figure out who, or what, is behind it all. Explore beautiful hidden object scenes and mysterious locations to uncover the truth in Fierce Tales: The Dog’s Heart Collector's Edition!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Exclusive Bonus Adventure
    • Beautiful Wallpapers, Concept Art and Music

For the Standard Edition:

• Strategy Guide
    • Blog Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:39 am; edited 3 times in total

To the world you may be one person;
    but to one person you may be the world.

Re: Fierce Tales 1: The Dog's Heart

Post by JustTheFacts on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:38 am

Never mind the WOW! Factor, this one’s got CUTE!

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

One of the other reviewers remarked that he didn’t understand all the fuss about this game, in his mind it was only a good game, and wondered if there was something that he was missing.

Well, I was one of the people who were blown away by this game at the time it first came out, and played it an unprecedented three times in one week. If you’d asked me to review it then, I’d have drooled. But his comments stayed with me, and now almost a year later, I get it. It’s the cute factor.

See, my friend, the story starts out with the kidnapping of a very cute puppy followed almost immediately by an injured one. My heart ached for those dogs. Thereafter the game is littered throughout with doggy images and folklore.  Add to that well-drawn and beautiful graphics, and you have CUTE!

This game is delightful, make no mistake about it, but without the cute factor I doubt we’d have all gone quite so completely overboard about it.

True, you have an involving story, plenty of well done HOs and puzzles, and lots of travel. There’s a map, but I didn’t find it useful except to ‘jump’. (It’s essential in the bonus game). There’s no collectibles or achievements. It’s quite lengthy, but there’s nothing other than the dogs to really distinguish it.

Although one thing that did stand out for me was how quiet this game was. It’s eerie. I even had to turn up the volume to hear the very pleasant and relaxing music.

In short, nice feel good game, well done, with added CUTE.

Bonus Content Review

Nothing but the usual offerings – wallpapers, concept art, music. The bonus game and the integrated strategy guide, which is adequate. (For more details, see my separate review on the Strategy Guide)

The bonus game is a prequel that is not at all needed for the main game, which ends conclusively. It is very interesting though, and has a few tricks up its sleeve I won’t spoil for you. Just note that it has more of the kind of things we’ve come to expect than the main game. For instance, some really neat though not difficult original puzzles. It’s also a decent length, about twice what I’m used to in bonus games.

Bonus game in conjunction with SG if you’re likely to need it definitely makes it worth the CE price.

I Recommend This Game!

Post by JustTheFacts on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:42 am

Just for you, Renaissance Mom, I date this game as the beginning of the 'cute' craze that has been terrorizing you for the last year SOS! Snicker 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:58 am

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:58 am